Cocos Creator v1.2.1 released!

Cocos Creator 1.2.1 released!

We are excited to release version 1.2.1 of Cocos Creator. Cocos Creator is a new, unified, development tool that handles every step in the game development process.

##v1.2.1 Changelog:

Downloads:

Resources:

Full Release Notes from v1.2.1

Editor

• [Assets] Fixed renaming asset will cause error when using filter in Assets panel.
  • [Preview] Fixed using console.log(node) in browser preview will generate a lot of error message issue.
  • [Preview] Fixed when previewing scene in browser, enter prefab editing mode will cause error issue.
  • [Editor] Fixed loading a new scene right after save previous scene in editor may cause the new scene to be overwrite by old scene issue.
  • [Dashboard] Fixed canā€™t create a new project at root path on windows issue.
  • [Build] Fixed an error that may cause built engine size not reduced as engine module setting.
  • [Build] Fixed deleting scene when Build Setting panel is open cause built game to black screen issue.
  • [Preference] Added ā€˜Enable Auto Compileā€™ option in ā€˜Data Editorā€™ tab of Preference panel. So user can disable auto compile and only use manual compile.
  • [Code-Editor] Fixed ā€˜tabā€™ key not working in builtin Code Editor.
  • [Console] Fixed clicking error message in bottom status bar will not jump to Console panel correctly issue.

Engine

• [Engine] Fixed some UI element may cause memory leak issue.
  • [Engine] Fixed an error cause ā€˜Landscapeā€™ orientation not enforced on mobile device.
  • [Engine] Fixed Mouse hover event not cleared after scene switch issue.
  • [Engine] Fixed defining a global variable in a script with ā€˜Import as pluginā€™ option will cause error issue.
  • [Engine] Fixed skew render calculation not consistent between Web and native platforms issue.
  • [Render] Fixed a bug that cause BMFont not able to be batch rendered.
  • [Graphics] Fixed when drawing arc set counterclockwise will get wrong direction issue.
  • [Graphics] Fixed using some API on Windows will cause crash issue.
  • [Action] Fixed using ScaleBy, SkewBy actions will cause ā€˜too much recursionā€™ error
  • [JSB] Now send API of socket.io can accept object argument on native platforms
  • [JSB] Now runAction will return action instance on native platforms.

Component

• [Component] Fixed fetching property reference failed and display as NONE issue when thereā€™s a lot of properties defined on a single component.
  • [Component] Fixed color picker cannot save color correctly issue.
  • [Button] Fixed when Transition set to Color, updating interactable to false will not get correct appearance issue.
  • [Mask] Fixed a bug that cause Mask not taking effect in event handling if register event before node is added to the node tree.
  • [Animation] Fixed Collider component size will be reset to 0 when adding key frame in animation issue.
  • [Animation] Fixed setting node active to false in another componentā€™s onEnable method will not stop animation from playing issue.
  • [Animation] Fixed compiling script in Animation editing mode will cause trajectory disappear issue.
  • [ScrollView] Fixed scrollBar not updated correctly when scrolling to the bottom and removing the last entry.
  • [ScrollView] Only allow event register when content property bound to a node.
  • [ScrollView] Added cancelInnerEvents property to control if touchmove and touchend event can penetrate to entry node.
  • [ScrollView] Fixed scrollBar will disappear when Scrollview node is activated.
  • [ScrollView] Fixed the white top margin issue on iOS platform.
  • [Label] Fixed opaque alias around Label in WebGL render mode.
  • [Label] Fixed LabelOutline component can cause infinite loop for Shrink overflow on label.
  • [Label] Fixed when loading multiple TTF assets, Label component may end up using the wrong TTF asset issue.
  • [Label] Fixed adding BitmapFont asset to the project when editor is not active may cause importing to fail issue.
  • [VideoPlayer] Added currentTime, duration and isPlaying API.
  • [Widget] Fixed Widget component may get disabled in editor after run preview.
  • [SpriteDistortion] Fixed sphere distortion component not working in refactored WebGL render system.
  • [EditBox] Fixed when input type set to Number, maxLength property had no effect issue.

Demo Projects

The most important source of examples is the Example Collection project template. There are also many demos to show a complete game:

• Dark Slash basic game loop demo. Special thanks to Veewo Games for authorizing us to use original ā€˜Dark Slashā€™ game resources to make this tutorial.

• UI Demos including multi-resolution supporting menu interface with cool transition animations, a backpack generated by data and prefab and a Clash Royale style navigation menu showcase.
  • Blackjack demo, collaboratively developed with Tencent Games.
  • Flappy Bird clone featuring a sheep.
  • Star Catcher demo game, in user manual we have a quick start tutorial showing how to build this game step by step.

We will keep on adding more demos and complete games as well as improving the existing ones!

2 Likes

Good news :smile:

However, Iā€™m curious to know what amount of job required to be able to provide a Linux version ?

Do you have a list of issues that interested people give a look ?

Iā€™ve downloaded this version and used for a JS project (Windows) but I found out that:

• Simulator still use ā€œcocos2d.x.version: cocos2d-x-3.10-liteā€ and ā€œCocos2d-JS v3.9ā€

Iā€™ve downloaded Cocos2d-x V3.13 & run the ā€œsetup.pyā€ then restart my computer but nothing changes.
Please help me up-to-date, Iā€™m pretty new with Cocos Creator & Cocos2d-x.

BTW, I wonder if you have built-in Cocos2d-x inside CocosCreator installation file? Which version if yes?

Thanks a lot !

BTW, thereā€™s a bug with simulator on Windows with version 1.21 Iā€™ve experienced lately:

Simulator: OpenGL error 0x0506 in ..\renderer\CCTextureAtlas.cpp cocos2d::TextureAtlas::drawNumberOfQuads 689
Simulator:
Simulator: OpenGL error 0x0506 in ..\renderer\CCRenderer.cpp cocos2d::RenderQueue::saveRenderState 136

This happened when I was trying to test a JS project and minimized the simulator-window then re-open it. The simulator windows turned to be not-responding & showed only 4 borders.

We donā€™t have plans for a Linux version at this time. This could change in the future.

I donā€™t know if this is the right place to ask this question, however, I just would like to ask if there is a straight forward way to migrate JS cocos code which was built using Cocos IDE to CocosCreator?

Arenā€™t they just .js files? What migration do you need exactly? Can you just copy them to your new project?

Please excuse my questions since I am still beginner in using cocos creator,

If I just copy the files,
1- How the cocoscreator will create the scene files (.fire) which is in cocos Code IDE a simple javascript files (.js)
2- How the inheritance will work, which needs import in cocosCreator, however, it is simply done in Cocos IDE by using Extend

SDKBox ? :frowning:

Not yet. I am not sure what the SDKBOX teams plan is for integration.

and client for linux where is it?

Currently we donā€™t offer a Linux version.

Hello! Cocos Creator is The Best!
How to use svg? i cannot find any documentation, and it is not working as usual texture.

1 Like