Cocos Creator 1.2.1 released!
We are excited to release version 1.2.1 of Cocos Creator. Cocos Creator is a new, unified, development tool that handles every step in the game development process.
- Creator for Mac
- Creator for Windows
- Read the documentation
Full Release Notes from v1.2.1
- [Assets] Fixed renaming asset will cause error when using filter in Assets panel.
- [Preview] Fixed using console.log(node) in browser preview will generate a lot of error message issue.
- [Preview] Fixed when previewing scene in browser, enter prefab editing mode will cause error issue.
- [Editor] Fixed loading a new scene right after save previous scene in editor may cause the new scene to be overwrite by old scene issue.
- [Dashboard] Fixed can't create a new project at root path on windows issue.
- [Build] Fixed an error that may cause built engine size not reduced as engine module setting.
- [Build] Fixed deleting scene when Build Setting panel is open cause built game to black screen issue.
- [Preference] Added 'Enable Auto Compile' option in 'Data Editor' tab of Preference panel. So user can disable auto compile and only use manual compile.
- [Code-Editor] Fixed 'tab' key not working in builtin Code Editor.
- [Console] Fixed clicking error message in bottom status bar will not jump to Console panel correctly issue.
- [Engine] Fixed some UI element may cause memory leak issue.
- [Engine] Fixed an error cause 'Landscape' orientation not enforced on mobile device.
- [Engine] Fixed
Mouse hover event not cleared after scene switch issue.
- [Engine] Fixed defining a global variable in a script with 'Import as plugin' option will cause error issue.
- [Engine] Fixed skew render calculation not consistent between Web and native platforms issue.
- [Render] Fixed a bug that cause BMFont not able to be batch rendered.
- [Graphics] Fixed when drawing arc set counterclockwise will get wrong direction issue.
- [Graphics] Fixed using some API on Windows will cause crash issue.
- [Action] Fixed using ScaleBy, SkewBy actions will cause 'too much recursion' error
- [JSB] Now
send API of socket.io can accept object argument on native platforms
- [JSB] Now
runAction will return action instance on native platforms.
- [Component] Fixed fetching property reference failed and display as
NONE issue when there's a lot of properties defined on a single component.
- [Component] Fixed color picker cannot save color correctly issue.
- [Button] Fixed when
Transition set to
false will not get correct appearance issue.
- [Mask] Fixed a bug that cause Mask not taking effect in event handling if register event before node is added to the node tree.
- [Animation] Fixed Collider component size will be reset to 0 when adding key frame in animation issue.
- [Animation] Fixed setting node active to
false in another component's
onEnable method will not stop animation from playing issue.
- [Animation] Fixed compiling script in Animation editing mode will cause trajectory disappear issue.
- [ScrollView] Fixed scrollBar not updated correctly when scrolling to the bottom and removing the last entry.
- [ScrollView] Only allow event register when
content property bound to a node.
- [ScrollView] Added
cancelInnerEvents property to control if
touchend event can penetrate to entry node.
- [ScrollView] Fixed scrollBar will disappear when Scrollview node is activated.
- [ScrollView] Fixed the white top margin issue on iOS platform.
- [Label] Fixed opaque alias around Label in WebGL render mode.
- [Label] Fixed LabelOutline component can cause infinite loop for
Shrink overflow on label.
- [Label] Fixed when loading multiple TTF assets, Label component may end up using the wrong TTF asset issue.
- [Label] Fixed adding BitmapFont asset to the project when editor is not active may cause importing to fail issue.
- [VideoPlayer] Added
- [Widget] Fixed
Widget component may get disabled in editor after run preview.
- [SpriteDistortion] Fixed sphere distortion component not working in refactored WebGL render system.
- [EditBox] Fixed when input type set to
maxLength property had no effect issue.
The most important source of examples is the Example Collection project template. There are also many demos to show a complete game:
Dark Slash basic game loop demo. Special thanks to Veewo Games for authorizing us to use original 'Dark Slash' game resources to make this tutorial.
UI Demos including multi-resolution supporting menu interface with cool transition animations, a backpack generated by data and prefab and a Clash Royale style navigation menu showcase.
Blackjack demo, collaboratively developed with Tencent Games.
Flappy Bird clone featuring a sheep.
Star Catcher demo game, in user manual we have a quick start tutorial showing how to build this game step by step.
We will keep on adding more demos and complete games as well as improving the existing ones!