Cocos Creator Suggestions / Improvements

Hi @slackmoehrle, @pandamicro

Would like to thank the team for such an awesome game engine, however, would like to give some feedback on the visual aspect of the game engine, and some things that could make the game engine more useful for the developer:

1. Prefab - Sprite Glimpse: In other words, I use prefabs for my game, could it be possible that once i click on a prefab, i could have under properties a glimpse of what this prefab has? I understand that i can double click and see what the prefab has within( ex:sprite component, collider, etc…). Also, can we have under the file structure, for a particular prefab ( ex: myrocketprefab- then besides this, the spriteframe (pic) that corresponds to this prefab? In my opinion, when a project starts to get heavy it could be beneficial for a developer to view which sprite corresponds to the prefab?

2. Scripts - I’m using the internal editor for my js scripts , not using VS, however, if i go ahead and copy a js script (ex: myscript.js ), by using editor - > copy - > paste, it doesn’t copy again the script into my folder. So instead of having myscript.js and myscript1.js. The reason I ask, is that if I’m using the same code for a particular node, I have to create two scripts, instead of creating one, and then using copy / paste. Right now, I would need to copy the code from one script into another empty script…I hope you understand…

Well, that’s it for now, hopefully this can be doable in future versions of Cocos Creator, thanks again for your hard work and God Bless…

Sincerely,

Sunday