Cocos Creator RoadMap - UPDATED thru 11/2016

i didn’t see any mention of spriter competent although there is a spine competent already, i know for that there are many people who prefer to use spriter instead of spine, and i know that there is and implementation in JS. are you going to add this in the feature?

Any chance of moving the physics engine up sooner?

For upgrading Creator, you can just download it and replace it, then open your project with new version will upgrade your project automatically.

From 1.1, you no longer need to download Cocos independently, it’s embed in Creator itself.

Yes, it’s like texture packer, but unfortunately, it’s delayed because of other priorities. About replacing separated images with atlas, we will have a tool to help you rebuild the link.

It means you can use Creator as a scene editor, and export the scene and UI data to a Cocos2d-x Lua project, then visualize it directly, but you can’t edit Lua component and make it running in Creator. It’s in progress, I think it will be published in one or two month.

The Tilemap renderer will be rewritten soon, it will support you to add any other node / sprite into the same layer, and reorder it.

3 Likes

Thanks a lot. I’ll wait for it, no problem. I wish that stand alone command line tool will also be present so that we can use it even irrespective of whether we’re using it through cocos2d-x framework or using through cocos creator.

I wanted to use it along with file watcher some how that on my cocos project if any additional texture file is being added then I could run the tool automatically.

Does this work with classic C++ project?

Not yet, we haven’t started the C++ parser

So the output is very different from the json files created by Cocos Studio? Couldn’t the already existing parser from cocosstudio work? Also, since it creates a json(haven’t tried yet) it is possible for a user to write it’s own parser, right?

It’s very different, and yes, you can read the json file and take a look at our deserializer

Hi,
May i ask you about exporting scenes into a JSON file as CocoStudio has ? Are you gonna put this feature into a cocos creator please ? I am using cocos2d-x as HTML5 game engine and we have a whole company based on CocoStudio and Cocos Creator is totally unusable for now.
Thanks in advance.

Yes, it’s in our plan, but I had to say it doesn’t have the highest priority, I will report this to @nantas

Will it be compatible with old cocos studio api? I mean CSLoader, ActionTimeline and other classes.

No, that won’t happen

That’s unfortunate :confused: I have tons of scenes and code using these classes. Will it be at least similar to the old api?

You will be able to import these scenes into Cocos Creator using the new Cocos Studio importer, it will transfer your Studio UI into Creator UI, so old codes won’t be compatible.

I know. I’ve already tried import scenes and got bunch of errors. And then I’d have to change hundreds of lines in code.

What’s worst c++ is still not supported for creator yet and cocos studio support in 3.12 is totally broken…

2 Likes

what is modular c++ engine?

Which New audio engine you planning to use? Can you please give little more details on this.

What about the TiledMap implementation? Any concrete dates?

cheers

Hi,

Physics Engine until **11/2016?****? :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: God Bless…

Sincerely,

Sunday

Did the Cocos Studio-created CSB loading feature disappear from the roadmap?