Cocos Creator RoadMap - Trello (OLD before 2019)

The Cocos Creator roadmap is being maintained here: https://trello.com/b/JWVRRxMG/cocos-creator-roadmap

2 Likes

Hi @slackmoehrle

So, please correct me if Iā€™m wrong, from this info, regarding the implementation of the physics engine into Cocos Creator, a timeline of 6 months, this is under the suggestion column along with the others on that particular column?

So from this card suggestion, which was posted on Nov 6: at 9:31 PM

Therefore, the physics engine could be implemented within a timeframe of 6 months - which leads to May 2017? And please correct me if Iā€™m wrongā€¦Thanks and God Blessā€¦

Sincerely,

Sunday

3 Likes

Not much, only half year!

Thanks cocs creator team. You did lie to your usersā€¦

I canā€™t say for sure, I didnā€™t make this. Let me ask the engineering team for clarification.

now, now, letā€™s not go tossing out unfounded accusations. I donā€™t think anyone lied. If anything we have obstacles in the way of implementation. Let me ask the engineering team to clarify the timeline.

1 Like

hi there

Can someone tell me what ā€œ[Tilemap] image layer supportā€-card under ā€œsuggestions (in 6 months)ā€ means?

Is this is about adding an animated sprite to a tilemap layer?

thanks in advance

cheers

We use trello for roadmap is to deal with changes in plan.

The roadmap will be updated every month and weā€™ll move tasks thatā€™s assigned and planned forwad.

So the time estimate is only for reference, it could happen sooner than 6 month.

Image layer is a special type of layer in Tiled Map Editor: http://doc.mapeditor.org/reference/tmx-map-format/#layer

1 Like

Hi @nantas2

Thanks for the clarificationā€¦really appreciated itā€¦God Blessā€¦

Sincerely,

Sunday

Hello Everyone,

First of all this is my first day using Cocos Creator and in the forums so possibly this has been discussed already but i couldnā€™t find it.

in the trello board it says [Lua] component system, does that means lua will be a first class citizen and could be used instead of javascript completely?

thanks

Iā€™m not building anything cocos creator of nowā€¦ But from cocos2d-x, I can tell that, yes, Lua can work independent of JSā€¦ And also, if creator supports binding C++ with JS then so should C++ binding would work with Lua. You just need to wait if theyā€™ve not added Lua support in creator yet. :slight_smile:

thats my thought i just wanted confirmation because my teamā€™s skills are far stronger in lua

Where should we suggest feature to be included?

Hello. When will be Cocos Creator for Linux?
Itā€™s very hard to work in Windows)

As far as I know, dont expect a Linux version.

As of now there are no plans for Linux, that I know of.

Thanks you! But, it is sad((

I have one more question. Will it be possible to play mp4 video with alpha transparency in VideoPlayer?
Example:

Or will it be possible to play flv, swf video with alpha transparency?

Out of curiosity, that would be a potentially really cool feature to add ā€¦ so I wonder that myself now, though about cocos2dx ā€˜coreā€™, rather than cocos creator itself.

Noticed a while ago that the roadmap has been removed. Is there any new roadmap or where can I see what is possibly coming in future releases? Thanks! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Sorry, we hide the roadmap because itā€™s out of date. We donā€™t have any new roadmap at this moment. We will publish a new roadmap after we adjusted human resources.

1 Like