Cocos creator. physics

Hello,

I am looking for example of a simple game with physics in cocos creator, but still have no luck.
Afaik there is no section in docs and i could not find any tutorials.

I would appreciate any links to actual tutorials physics + cocos creator.

Thank you!

We don’t have it quite yet. @pandamicro can talk more about it.

I found that there is 4 month old CCPhysicsSprite.js in the cc engine but seems it is not yet shipped in cc v1.0.0.
I would appreciate any info, or may be i can help here?

UPDATE: i am saying that i would like to help with js part of the project if you consider it appropriate. (via contribution)

@slackmoehrle I figured out how to use physics (chipmunk) in cc v1.0.0 and build a simple example. It turned out to be pretty easy, but i wish there were several relevant examples in the docs.

p.s.: my intention to contribute still holds ':wink:

I thought you meant a Physics Editor.

Can you PM me and share your project with me?

@garek we have a simple physics integrated game sample here :

But physic is not fully integrated into Creator yet, so the current usage is not what we hope user to use physics in creator. We will design fully integrated physics components in the future two or three versions, please stay tuned.

And thanks for proposing contribution, we do accept contributions to our engine repo here: https://github.com/cocos-creator/engine, you can follow the progressions there

We will design fully integrated physics components in the future two or three versions

two or three… I cant wait for it. It is so exciting

@slackmoehrle I built a simple game with physics as i promised. Here is the repository. I also wrote a short description split in steps, it is not exhaustive but i described my way at least. You can see it here.

And of course you can play it! I call the game “The Cannon”

@pandamicro I am glad to hear that. I created several issues already, and i have a bit more to report. Do not know if you accept issues via github yet though. If you dont, just tell me how can i report or if i should not :wink:
I would like to contribute, but the codebase is pretty wide and i dont know the intension and plans of the team. It would be awesome if there was kinda #good-first-bug tagged issues or any issues supposed for contribution.
And thanks for the link to the pool physics demo!

@ozergul You can look at “The Cannon” source code and the game itself too. (^__^)/

2 Likes

Yes, we do accept issues there, and that’s really great that you guys propose to contribute. We have a private repo for our internal issues and plans, but I think it’s better that we open issues to users, we will discuss it tomorrow.

By the way, great tutorial, can you open a separate topic to promote it ?

@pandamicro Awesome! IMO, it is a good idea to open some of issues for community contribution, may be not all though. Anyways, it should not break your process.

I will create separate topic for the tutorial today. :wink:

@pandamicro @slackmoehrle I reworked the tutorial and created separate topic to promote it.