Cocos Creator + Live2D (WEBGL)

Hello,

Can we integrate Live2D with cocos Creator, I have the OPENGL version up and running for Android and IOS but my specific needs are to implement it with JS module of Cocos2d-x, I have little to no experience with Js side of Cocos2d-x as i only program in C++, any pointers comments and suggestions are more then welcome.

Thanks

1 Like

Anyone please? I need it badly, pointers would be enough @pandamicro @slackmoehrle @nantas2 can you guys please summon the right person who might have slightest of idea and provide a much needed pointer here. Or Should i wait for Package Manager for cocos creator which might provide a little help with this? Also while at it lets say we end up implementing Live2D with cocos creator(WEB-GL) then how will it collaborate with Native Engine for Android & IOS(OPEN-GL).

Thanks a lot
Regards

I don’t know the answer, but I can ask someone to look at this thread.

You can already customize the web engine today:

1. fork this repo
  2. Do customization
  3. Change the engine directory to customized version in Preference > Native Develop > Javascript Engine Path

To be noted that the WebGL renderer is different with the native opengl renderer, and we are rewriting it in v1.2, you may want to take a look at this pull request. I strongly suggest you implement your Live2D renderer after this pull request get merged (within this week), because it brings auto batching to the web engine. You can take a look at CCSGSpriteWebGLRenderCmd’s uploadData method, it upload all vertex data to the global buffer and this will get batched automatically (if texture, blend function, shader match).

You will need a component shared by the web and native engine, all our components are platform irrelevant, they are located in cocos2d/core/components. While it uses a scene graph node to be rendered, the scene graph node implementation is platform specific, and should have exactly the same APIs.

That’s a brief introduction to what you can do, there are still many details, but you can try to start and discuss problems you met here.

1 Like

Hi, have you managed to find a solution to this problem? I’m also very interested in this subject.

Hello @Boby, no i haven’t actually due to some very busy schedule i have to abandon that project, i will be again looking into it after this month, until then if you can come up with any solutions or pointers you are more then welcome to share them here. Once i will find the solution i will make sure to share the sample project and solution here.

Regards