Cocos Creator for c++, how much time?

Hello,
I was wondering how much time we should wait for a downloadable version of cocos creator for c++?
Thanks!

never:D it will be just some trivial export function to c++ )

Lel why? Aren’t there tons of people who are developing using c++ :confused:

There is - but somehow cocos team decided to focus on JS part :slight_smile: and it is only way seems to add some export module not fully integrated c++ support.

Now that’s disappointing to me. Anyway, thanks for the time :slight_smile:

but maybe I’m wrong:D

@ricardo @slackmoehrle

do you have some info what is current plan/timeleine for Cocos Creator and c++ support?

1 Like

You can try it now. Ricardo has been maintaining a thread about his development.

There are links to his repo’s there and Instructions.

I am a totally C++ sucker ! I do not like js

It does not seem that stable, should it stable at this point?

It works well for me but as always our users might use it in a different way. We may need to make adjustments.

Okay then but isn’t that just the same as with the original js version? “We may need to make adjustments”
Thanks again

C++ is an add-on to the JS version. It is a plugin to the existing Creator app.

Hmm, okay. Would you use cocos creator with the c++ add-on or just the framework for creating games in c++?

sorry, clarify?

Well, let’s say that you are developing a game using c++, would you then use cocos creator with the c++ add-on or just the cocos2d-x framework, like just code no ui etc.
Hope you get it though

no, I don’t follow.

Here is how it works. You use Creator to lay out your scene, then export it to a .cpp and .h file. You then open these in your favorite IDE or text editor to add more, modify source, etc.

1 Like

Yeah by “only cocos2d-x framework” is just using your IDE and not the cocos creator application… And I though that cocos creator also was a place where you could do the coding simultaneously as editing the graphics by moving things around from the ui.

no coding in Creator. Use VSCode or something else. VSCode is way better than something we could make. Why re-invent the wheel.

Understandable. If cocos creator just is a place where you can create levels, menus and those graphical stuff, is the only code-part where you generate the projects created in cocos crator in to files like .h etc.? Maybe I sound confusing :no_mouth:

Yes, the only code involved is Creator taking your Scene and generating a .cpp and .h for you to use in your project. You don’t write a drop of code in Creator.

1 Like