Cocos Creator 1.2.2 released!

Cool! Thanks for the update! Looking forward to trying out the demos. Been a bit reserved when it comes to using Cocos Creator instead of plain c2d-x, but nice improvements are being added all the time :slight_smile:

How to use svg? Is there example?

again no game engine, this is so bad. but thanks to update.

What do you mean? Creator includes Cocos2d-x-lite with it. It is a bit different than Cocos2d-x.

I think he meant that no support of C++

Ricardo is working on it. Please see: C++ support for Cocos Creator

When you go to help menu, API reference it still brings you to the 1.0 version.
It would be convenient to go the current one :slight_smile:

Update spine animation is on the road map? Pls it’s really old now :joy:

Please confirm if CocosCreator can be used as a replacement of CocosStudio in cocos2dx C++ project? I already have lots of UI’s created in CocosStudio and since CocosStudio has deprecated now so i wish to update all UI’s to CocosCreator now… I need to know if that is even possible in CocosCreator? as i read everywhere that its only supporting javascript currently?

It is JavaScript only. Ricardo is working on adding c++: C++ support for Cocos Creator

@slackmoehrle What’s the difference between Cocos2d-x-lite in Creator and a JavaScript project generated with Cocos2d-x? Is there anything special that should be done to put a scene created with Cocos Creator into a JavaScript project generated with Cocos2d-x?

@ryukbk I can’t answer this in its entirety. Let us ask @pandamicro to help us.

Not much difference, as the name indicated, cocos2d-x-lite is a trimmed version without 3D features, less third party libraries, less platform supports, etc. But there are also few modifications to the core of cocos.

It will be very tricky, we added an extra JS layer onto Cocos2d-js which contains Entity Component support and other necessary modifications, you can find the js_polyfill.js in a Cocos Creator project native build.

Wow these are much larger modifications than I thought. What’s the point of maintaining these two different configurations? Are there no plans to bring 3D into Cocos Creator?

1. There are some different needs in creator that requires core level modifications, and we can’t find a way to keep backward compatibility. We are trying to merge some of them into Cocos2d-x, but I think the two can only be merged in v4.
  2. We wanted a compressed engine with lighter final package size.
  3. We wanted to design 3D for editor from scratch in Cocos Creator.

It’s the least but not all reasons that we maintain two version.

Cocos creator can not render spine animation with new features like mess …
How can i update spine animation manually?

OK then, I guess the safest path for those who intend to use Cocos Creator is just use Cocos Creator to create a new project and stick to it. I don’t check the latest version but according to forum posts Cocos2d-x-lite tends to be an older version than the latest Cocos2d-x, I hope it’s decoupled from Cocos Creator at some point as an independent module with some basic dependency checks.

By designing 3D from scratch, do you mean deprecating the current 3D API in Cocos2d-x?

Another concern is about Android Studio, is it possible to build what Cocos Creator produces with Android Studio? It’s important for debugging on Android and using third-party Android SDKs that expect gradle build.

@pandamicro what about my question? Is there any tutorial or documentation about using svg in cocos creator? i did not find it even in chineese forum and docs.

Hi, we kind of having svg like ability with new Graphics introduced in 1.2, but it doesn’t support svg format directly, we will come up with the English version documentation of Graphics soon, but you can take a look at the example cases to know how to use it.

It was using Cocos2d-x v3.9, but I just upgraded the lite repo to Cocos2d-x v3.13 in Cocos Creator 1.3, so it’s up to date now.

Sorry, I’m not sure, I’m not the owner of 3D module.

Indeed it support debugging with Android Studio, the limit is that you can only compile and debug the JAVA source code, C++ engine still need to be pre compiled, then you can use built in Gradle script to compile the APK under debug / release mode.