Cocos Creator 1.0.2 released!

Cocos Creator 1.0.2 released!

We are excited to release version 1.0.2 of Cocos Creator. Cocos Creator is a new, unified, development tool that handles every step in the game development process.

v1.0.2 Release Notes:

• [Windows] Use new installer framework based on Squirrel.Windows. New version of Cocos Creator will be installed to %User/AppData/Local/CocosCreator, different version will be stored in sub folder named as app-x.x.x.
  • [Dashboard] Dashboard stays in memory now. When open a project the Dashboard window will hide, and show up again when the project is closed. Added Systray icon for dashboard. You can open multiple project from Dashboard now.
  • [JSB] Fixed newly created cc.SpriteFrame via url cannot be displayed when assigned to sprite issue.
  • [Engine] We include cocos2d-x prebuilt library in installation so no more manually building for that
  • [Render] Add SpriteDistortion component for simulating a 3D ball rolling effect
  • [Render] Add Circle mode for Mask component
  • [Render] Fixed rotating a node with Mask will not display correctly issue.
  • [Console] Optimized duplicated message into collapsed messages.
  • [Animation] Fixed switching among multiple animation clip may cause timeline to lock up issue.
  • [Animation] Fixed play animation direction error when wrapMode is set to Reverse
  • [Animation] Fixed root node may jump to other position when updated sample issue.
  • [Component] Fixed help button link on builtin components
  • [Component] Add tooltip for Layout and EditBox components
  • [Prefab] Fixed when reference a node from scene on a component attached to Prefab may cause duplicated node instantiated together with prefab issue.
  • [Tiledmap] Fixed rotated tile in a tax file will not display correctly issue.
  • [Build] emit a editor:build-finished message after a successful build process. So plugins can catch that and do modifications to the built project.
  • [Build] Fixed iOS project templates may cause rejection when submitting to iTunes connect issue.
  • [Editor] Make error message when requiring third party javascript library more clear.
  • [Auto Update] Fixed when text is large in change log, the window will not display all content issue.

Downloads:

Resources:

Demo Projects

The most important source of examples is the Example Collection project template. There are also many demos to show a complete game:

• Dark Slash basic game loop demo. Special thanks to Veewo Games for authorizing us to use original ā€˜Dark Slashā€™ game resources to make this tutorial.

• UI Demos including multi-resolution supporting menu interface with cool transition animations, a backpack generated by data and prefab and a Clash Royale style navigation menu showcase.
  • Blackjack demo, collaboratively developed with Tencent Games.
  • Flappy Bird clone featuring a sheep.
  • Star Catcher demo game, in user manual we have a quick start tutorial showing how to build this game step by step.

We will keep on adding more demos and complete games as well as improving the existing ones!

5 Likes

Nice!
Iā€™m just sitting here waiting for simple physics/collision to be implemented.

I think this is a harder task than it may sound to beā€¦I am sure the engineering team will figure out the best solution.

I know. Iā€™m not angrily impatient, I was just kidding around. Iā€™m sure the team is working hard and as best as they can :smile:

Any assumptions when C++ support will be added?

It will be, sometime soon. See earlier in this thread.

Just wondering if there is emscripten integration planned for Creator. It would be great to be able to export future C++ projects to the web using emscripten.

We need c++ support :frowning:

ok, seriously, itā€™s coming, asked and answered a lot in this thread :slight_smile:

Whoops haha, can see :slight_smile:

I used cocostudio almost 2 years and cant remember how many crazy things i got from it.

One critical problem is inconsistency between cocos2dx and cocostudio. Everytime cocostudio fix any bugs or upgrade any new feature, Iā€™ve to upgrade cocos2dx and vice versa else they do not work anymore. WHAT???

One example:
One old cocostudio version CAN NOT copy/paste node/ui from one scene to another, youā€™ve to create manually while they are same 100% !@#$%^&(. In next version the changelog say ā€œitā€™s fixedā€. Ok, try it and it works on cocostudio, continue running project. Itā€™s cant read binary file from editor anymore, iā€™ve to upgrade newest cocos2dx version. In website i cant see any note, warning ā€¦ Just try and find how to make it work !@#$%^&(

So far everything is really better, especial is the communication, so nice :smile:

I know support C++ is not easy work but i really hope the nightmare cocostudio will not come back in cocos creator, seriously.

Note: iā€™m learning english !!!

7 Likes

hello I make a little mistake when I start for first time cocos creator I set the language to Chinese I cannot find an option to change this , I already try to uninstall and install again I guess I have to learn Chinese :worried: any tip here ?

do you have a ~/.CocosCreator directory?

@slackmoehrle Yes I found it, thereā€™s a file called settings.json
To change that you only need to do this
change ā€œlanguageā€: ā€œzhā€, -> ā€œlanguageā€: ā€œenā€,
I can see that thereā€™s no other way to change the languague.
Thanks

I guess this need more documentation I cannot make a simple TransitionFade scene.
Chinese forums talk about create a fade out animation in the splash scene for example and then create a fade in animation in the next scene. I wonder why it cannot be use the transitions Scenes.

The transitions scene havenā€™t been EC re-designed, it has a lower priority for now. The old transitions scenes will trigger errors so please stay tuned

Iā€™ve been toying with Cocos Creator and testing some example projects and I must say that Iā€™m amazed by the amount of work that youā€™ve done! Congratulations for this new project/engine! Thereā€™s a lot of work to be done, but it looks very promising and the performance is incredibly good considering that is just released! And that LAN testing feature is GREAT :smile:

Iā€™d like to give some feedback based on my experience these days (Mac OS X El Capitan, Retina MacBook Pro 13ā€™, 2015):

• Cocos Creator feels very laggy (mostly when opening new windows, like preferences or script editor)
  • I had some confusion when building (build vs compile buttons at the bottom, default vs binary, native platforms and errorsā€¦). I finally managed to make it all work (web and native).
  • Cocos Simulator always opens in landscape mode. I was testing the flappy bird clone with a sheep and itā€™s portrait, and each time I wanted to test it with Cocos Simulator, it started in landscape and I had to change to portrait mode on the Simulator options.
  • I also get a firewall message each time I open Cocos Creator or launch the Simulator requesting access, although I gave it permission in the Firewall options. I know this issue and the Cocos Simulator booting always in landscape mode are minor issues, but they kind of interrupt the workflow.
  • LAN testing IP isnā€™t updated. Yesterday my routerā€™s DHCP gave me 192.168.0.103 and I tested it on several devices and worked fine (that QR is a nice idea!). Today it didnā€™t work, until I noticed that DHCP gave me 102 instead of 103 today, but on Cocos Creator still appears as 103 (even if I restart Cocos Creator, the IP wonā€™t change). So, I tested again on my smartphone with the correct IP and it worked again.
  • Code editor is very lacking. It doesnā€™t even have any menu with shortcuts and the like, so in order to save a script I need to close the window so that it asks me to save the changes
  • Integrating Chipmunk (or any physics library) with components would be great, for example in order to add colliders in a visual way.

Great job, Cocos team! Iā€™m willing to see how Cocos Creator grows more and more!

1 Like

I totally agree, good job with Creator, I certainly intend on using it for my future game developments.
2 points I really agree with are:

and more importantly

Thanks Cocos Creator Team!

Is it possible to build for iOS and Android? Whatā€™s about native sdk like iAP? Can I use SDKBox and integrate iAP with cocos creator-based project?