Cocos Code IDE v1.0.0-rc0 released!

With 8 months development and 2 beta versions before, Cocos Code IDE release 1.0.0-rc0 today.

Official Cocos Code IDE is released

Please visit Cocos Code IDE Product Page or use subdomain http://ide.cocos2d-x.org for highlight features.

You can download from here

Please give us feedbacks with the Code IDE category, so IDE team can response rapidly.

2 Likes

Hi Zhe,

I work on Ubuntu Linux, you have planned to produce a version for this platform?

Greeting

@walzer any upcoming version of cococ code IDE for c++ ??

it’s good to have a IDE from cocos2d-x
keeps a standard of development configuration and it complements the game engine pretty much…

Thank you for the greate new release!

Is there possibility to get access to the Code IDE source code?
Thank you for your answer in advance.

Currently no plan for running it on Linux.

We’re collaborating with ARM, to get the c++ debugging support from ARM DS-5 tool. I have a demo and video here, but I need to get ARM’s license to re-distribute their DS-5 tool firstly. The best situation is that we can make it happen before the end of this August.

The same to Cocos Studio, Code IDE is a free software but not open source.

1 Like

Excellent @walzer i hope you will get the license soon… :smile:

good luck… :smile:

hope to see the cocos code IDE for C++ soon…

Is this version of Cocos Code IDE compatible with Cocos2d-js v3.0RC1?

我觉得说中文可以吧,试试,不行再换英文。
我是刚接触手游开发的菜鸟。
cocoside只支持js和lua,请问你们做这个东西的初衷是什么,设计的应用场景是什么?因为cocos2dx的c++背景,目前大家都用xcode开发,但由于苹果审核和开发难度的原因,现在将越来越多的功能用lua实现。而cocoside没有支持c++,是不是认为只用lua就可以开发绝大部分游戏,或者游戏的绝大部分功能?
目前我们对cocoside的用法是xcode建项目,然后将可以用lua开发的在cocoside下开发,完成后再拷贝回xcode项目目录下整合。这样可能会引起一些问题,比如游戏项目不能完全脱离c++,所以在cocoside下是无法整体编译运行调试 lua代码的。

IDE的目标就是开发 一个容易上手的脚本开发环境,对于 cpp 部分是通过自定义runtime来支持项目添加特有功能的。这样,c++精通的开发人员在frameworks目录下通过xcode等开发工具把c++部分写好,脚本开发人员编译一下runtime就可以使用添加的功能了。

I wish the auto complete feature can support the following 2 situations:
1 for self
2 for callback parameters,for example
local
function onTouchEnded(touch, event)
–currently, no completion for touch: and event:
end
listener1:registerScriptHandler(onTouchBegan,cc.Handler.EVENT_TOUCH_BEGAN )

试用了一下 还是非常合适做小游戏的,比较很多时候不需要cpp也能实现功能,不过用脚本的话native object 丢失的问题非常恶心啊!

hi yangws, glad to see that we can customize the runtime by c++, can you share a example for it? I have read the tutorials for cocos ide, but however can’t find anything about it. I currently met a problem, I have added sqlite3 into liblua, and have it’s binded to lua so I can code in lua. When I use cocos ide to debug the lua codes, it reported can’t find sqlite3.lua. I think if I customize the c++ runtime can solve this problem. And I guess this is the normal case for most people who use c++ and lua together, they would like to put in more 3rd libraries.

why it neet to support c++.
visual studio is ok.
c++ will never support write->save->view.

“No file found at /cc_2x2_white_image” bug find in cocos code IDE

I copy 【cocos2d-js-v3.0-rc0\samples\js-tests】 into my own project built by cocos code ide. I have already change the project.json and main.js . Then I try to run the test ~ IDE seem to get the bug “No file found at /cc_2x2_white_image …etc”

Hey guys.

I used to use Corona SDK for Lua programming but I’ve finally gotten a Mac, so I am transitioning to Cocos 2D-X. I’m using the new IDE, and I’m facing a major issue right now.

When I run the IDE to debug any Lua game such as CocosLuaGame on my Mac (10.9.4), the PrebuiltRuntimeLua Window seems to freeze, waiting for the debugger to connect.

cocos2d: Console: listening on 0.0.0.0 : 6010
cocos2d: Console: listening on 0.0.0.0 : 6020
libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
cocos2d: [LUA-print] Debugger v1.1.0
cocos2d: [LUA-print] Debugger: Trying to connect to 127.0.0.1:10000 …
cocos2d: [LUA-print] Debugger: Connection succeed.

I have to force quit the PrebuiltRuntimeLua window.

Can anyone explain why this is happening?

Thanks,
SynchroDrive

I would like to see linux support - it shouldn’t be so hard as the Code IDE is eclipse based, which works great on linux.