Cocos Code IDE 1.0.0-rc2 release!

Hi all,
We are excited to announce that Cocos Code IDE 1.0.0-rc2 is now available for downloading!

The previous version of Cocos Code IDE was released about 4 weeks ago, we loved all the feedbacks from all of you, and based on your feedbacks, we released a new version of Cocos Code IDE with numerous new stuff as well as bug fixes!

What’s New?

1. JDK Integration

Many users report problems installing JDK and setting JDK environment, now IDE integrate JDK 1.8 and use it by default, also, you can choose the JDK have been installed.

• Lua API Reference Document Integration

The basic usage of the API will be displayed next to API, it was generated from cocos2d-x framework source code’s comment

• Lua Auto-Completion enhancement

You can define the variant‘s type by annotation

• JavaScript Auto-Completion enhancement

Previous versions were weak at JavaScript code Auto-Completion, from this version, IDE have supported the most commonly used code Auto-Completion. We will spend more time to improve this feature.

• Show members define in extend class

• “this” support

• Tell the IDE the return value’s type by annotation

• Define variant‘s type by annotation

• Auto Update

Cocos Code IDE will auto-update when the next version released.

• Lots of bug fixes, for the full change list, please click here

Update note

If some UI errors occur when open workspace that used by previous version, you can fixed it by clicking Windows/Reset Perspective…

More infomation

We love your feedbacks, please tell us by posting them on the Code IDE Forum,we will get back to you speedily. Thank you!

Looks great. What are you planning for next release?

can’t save .json file
Save Failed
java.lang.NullPointerException

Cocos Code IDE will support c++ projects?

Hey the new cocosIDE is awesome… because of its better auto-complete suggestions

I am currently doing a small game in it…
Only thing I found is that, when things do not go smoothly in it. like when some syntax error comes or something like that, then autocomplete is broken, and I’ve to do Ctrl+S or delete and rewrite the statement or some similar things to make it work.

It is not effecting my work. As this is very very minor issue.
But just for the feedback, I mentioned it if it happens with someone else too.

Can you tell me whether you’re getting this error in chrome console or IDE console…
This is not happening with me. Something similar happened with me when I made some mistake in project.json and then on running the game found some error in google chrome console.

@catch_up!
I have added this bug to TODO list, thanks for your feedback!

I am beginning to notice. For more clarification in my last post
If suppose there is a syntax error even in a different line, then also auto-complete doesnot work for the line which I am currently writing.

When is final version going to be released?