Chirp Chirp for android released!

Hey hey

Thought I’d let you all know, I’ve published chirp chirp for android:

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.eyessoft.chirpchirp

Thanks again to everyone who’s worked on cocos2d-x! Let me know if you have any bugs :wink:

Also, feel free to put it on your ‘Games’ section of this site, if you like.

Isaac

oops, it can’t be installed in my country/area.
And the “Games” module is the same to cocos2d-iphone, you can add the game by yourself.

Hmm, that’s strange, i ticked all the countries. Are you in China? Does the game show up in the market and give you an error when you try and install, or does it not show up at all?

Ahh, after some googling it seems android market is perhaps not available in China at all. That’s a shame. Can you recommend an alternative market where I might be able to publish?

But I can download & intall Pocket Dinosaurs onto the same device. That’s odd…
I saw you have integrated OpenFeint in your game. Can you share some experiences about how you do it?

So what message do you get when you try and install Chirp Chirp, Walzer?

As for OF, the iphone version has OF integration too, so I just wrapped the java API with native calls. However, the android version of the SDK has a totally different API to the iOS version, so I had to come up with equivalent function calls. But in the end it was very simple - pretty much just 5 functions - login, logout, view dashboard, post highscore and post achievement.

I just take 2 screenshots from Safari. When I try to install Chirp Chirp, the devices are gray and cannot be selected, a floating tip says that “this item cannot be installed in your device’s country”. While I goto the “Pocket Dinosaurs” page, my devices can be selected.

I installed it, both the demo and the paid version and each one worked only once for a few minutes and now it freezes and shuts down immediately. Help?

Oh no! If you clear the user data, does it start up at least?

When it worked for a few minutes, did it crash when you just left it or was it while you were playing? Do you know what level you got to?

Also, what model of device and version of android are you using?

I’ve uploaded a new version of the game, which should fix some of the problems that low-end devices were having. Please let me know if you have any more luck.

Isaac Ashdown wrote:

So what message do you get when you try and install Chirp Chirp, Walzer?
>
As for OF, the iphone version has OF integration too, so I just wrapped the java API with native calls. However, the android version of the SDK has a totally different API to the iOS version, so I had to come up with equivalent function calls. But in the end it was very simple - pretty much just 5 functions - login, logout, view dashboard, post highscore and post achievement.

Hi,

Could you share the OpenFeint integration with more detail step by step ?

It will be very great information for someone like me want to share the same code both on iOS/Android.

Thank you in advanced.