CCTouch setTouchInfo

Hi guys,

I started working on a sprite rotation using two touches and had to rewrite a part of my touch-related code. Most of the code worked well, however sometimes my pan-zoom layer moved away and zoomed far out.

After some debugging of my code, I realised that previous locations in touches were strange in these cases (this happened when only one of the touches have moved and the other stayed the same) so I examined the CCTouch::setTouchInfo function. I realised that it sets the m_prevPoint to m_point, which, when called for the first time, has not been set before and thus produces those “strange” values. To solve this, I have changed the code to

void setTouchInfo(int id, float x, float y)
    {
        m_nId = id;
        m_prevPoint = m_point;
        m_point.x   = x;
        m_point.y   = y;
        if (!m_startPointCaptured)
        {
            m_startPoint = m_point;
            m_startPointCaptured = true;

// Since this is the initial call, set prev point to the current to prevent strange distance issues.
            m_prevPoint = m_point;
        }
    }

At the moment I do not see any issues with this as the change only reflects the first call to this function. However, I was wondering whether there are any other solutions to this?

Thanks,
-Gregor

Seems reasonable to me and maybe it even makes more sense than original version.