CCLabelTTF glitch

Hi. I try to run regular unmodified HelloCpp application on my PC. Here is the result:

As you can see, the fonts are displayed incorrect. Has somebody encountered a problem like this?
I use cocos2d-2.1beta3-x-2.1.0 @ Dec 05 2012. Detailed description of my PC is in attachment.

DxDiag_SPB-SV-764.txt.zip (5.3 KB)

cocos2d is supposed to be run under win only for debug purposes. does your problem appears under devices (android, ios)? i had some trouble with labels under win, but cannot recognize it because can’t see your image.

I’ve reattached screenshot in first post, so now you can see the glitch :slight_smile:
The labels is OK on devices (it’s OK even on other PCs). My PC is the only one that problem appers on. I’ve upgraded video drivers, but it has given no effect…

oh, it’s a total mess. i’m afraid my glitches were kinda smaller, connected with font’s sharping, so have no advice for you.

vitaliy ostrovsky wrote:

cocos2d is supposed to be run under win only for debug purposes.

Ummm… You can actually make a running EXE application with cocos2d-x. It’s not just for debug purposes.

Lance Gray wrote:

vitaliy ostrovsky wrote:
> cocos2d is supposed to be run under win only for debug purposes.
>
Ummm… You can actually make a running EXE application with cocos2d-x. It’s not just for debug purposes.

yep, that’s why a lot of companies envolve PC for writing and common testing; it’s very convinient especially for c++ programmers experienced in visual studio. but as far as I have heard there is no PC games created with cocos2d at market. also sometimes cocos2d creators speak of only debug usage of their engine under PC (somehere at forums).

Mad Max, did you ever figure out this issue? I’m running into the same problem and haven’t found a solution.

I figured it out. When going full-screen, make sure to set your DEVMODE’s dmBitsPerPel to 16 bits or higher. At 8 bits, it causes the corrupted fonts (and other, similar issues) that you’re seeing.