CC 2.0.2 vs cocos2d-x-3.14.1 native mobile app perfomance

Hello.
We developed our game using cocos2d-x-3.14.1 engine. The game works perfect (stable 60 fps) on devices like iPhone 5 and similar Android devices. But the same native app, recreated in CC 2.0.2, shows very poor performance on same devices (20-25 fps). We profiled our game and discovered, that renderer works very slowly.
Can you help us solve the problem and suggest a solution to increase performance on native mobile platforms, because working in an editor is much more pleasant.
PS: Web desktop works great.
PSS: Web mobile works 2-2.5x faster than native app on this devices.

3 Likes

Hi,

Did you find a solution for this? I’m seeing the same performance issue. Rendering is very slow on native ios app. Running the web mobile version is a lot faster on the same phone (iPhone 6s).

Yes, 1.9.x version is much quicker on native platforms.

I’m running a performance hit also. So i was looking a way to export cocos 2.1 as c++

1.9.x: Results of profiling showed that rendering is pretty quick actually. Slow parts are syncing of c++ and js node objects, especially, actions. I have a heavy 2d game with 5-15k vertexes and big amount of animations via actions.

because of the JIT feature of iOS,we did bad native performance on iOS device.
but you can try cocos creator 2.0.7 or 2.0.8,it improved preformance on native platform.

and the version 2.0.9 will coming in the early March。it will improve a lot more than 2.0.7
see the test result advanced: