Can't deploy cocos2dx projects on BB10 simulator.

Hi,

I’m a newbie in both cocos2dx and BB10, and I’ve followed the steps written in this website (http://devblog.blackberry.com/2013/01/cocos2d-x-on-blackberry-10/) and several links on the internet to setup my projects. However, even I could get rid of errors and build cocos2dx projects, I couldn’t get it deployed on my BB10 simulator. The deployment progress stucks at 91% and eventually the SDK pops up an error that doesn’t give any details on why the deployment fails. Could anyone in this webboard give me a clue on how to get the projects deployed?

I use the latest version of both BB10 SDK and cocos2dx (2.1.1) My current OS is Windows 7. (I tried on W8 first but it seems that BB10 SDK and simulator has some issue with the OS.)

Thank you.

This week I’ve ported my game to BB10 and was able to run it in Simulator. But I’m using cocos2dx 2.0.4, not the latest version.
I had failure on 91% when device or simulator wasn’t found by IDE or not responding. Make sure your IDE sees simulator by its IP address or by “sim” alias.
And make sure you build “Simulator” target to run your app on simulator (because simulator is x86 based, and real device is ARM based).

Alexander Belchenko wrote:

This week I’ve ported my game to BB10 and was able to run it in Simulator. But I’m using cocos2dx 2.0.4, not the latest version.
I had failure on 91% when device or simulator wasn’t found by IDE or not responding. Make sure your IDE sees simulator by its IP address or by “sim” alias.
And make sure you build “Simulator” target to run your app on simulator (because simulator is x86 based, and real device is ARM based).

I’ve tried all of that and it still doesn’t work. After importing cocos2dx into the IDE, is there any additional step you did to get it run?

Dome Pongmongkol wrote:

I’ve tried all of that and it still doesn’t work. After importing cocos2dx into the IDE, is there any additional step you did to get it run?

Perhaps try some of the suggestions from Pinakin Salvi in this thread? http://www.cocos2d-x.org/boards/6/topics/21402?r=21573

Ben

After formatting my PC, updating the SDK, resetting every values to their defaults, and following your guys’ advices, I eventually could get it work.
Thank you everyone. I really appreciate your helps. :slight_smile: