Can not compile with eclipse

Hello @All,

I’ve never worked with cocos3d-x and have a problem that I can not compile with eclipse on Ubuntu 12.04 (64Bit).
Hope someone can help me.

My target OS is Linux.
I set up the environment as follows.

I installed cocos2d-x as specified here:

The result is that I can start all the demos from the sample-folder and compile with a simple “make”.

Now I would like to compile the Hello World example with eclipse but this not work.
I have followed these instructions

http://www.cocos2d-x.org/projects/cocos2d-x/wiki/How_to_run_HelloWorld_and_tests_on_linux

The eclipse console writes out the following….

* Build of configuration Debug for project HelloCpp*

make pre-build main-build
mkdir ~~p bin
Building target: HelloCpp
Invoking: GCC C*+ Linker
g*+~~L…/…/…/…/…/cocos2dx/proj.linux/Debug L…/…/…/…/…/cocos2dx/platform/third_party/linux/glew-1.7.0/glew-1.7.0/libL…/…/…/…/…/CocosDenshion/proj.linux/Debug L…/…/…/…/…/CocosDenshion/third_party/fmod/api/libo bin/“HelloCpp” ./main.o ./Classes/AppDelegate.o ./Classes/HelloWorldScene.o lcocos2dlGLEW lfmodexlz lcocosdenshionWl,rpath,/home/sebastian/gamedev/cocos2d-x-master/samples/Cpp/HelloCpp/proj.linux/…/…/…/…/cocos2dx/proj.linux/DebugWl,rpath,/home/sebastian/gamedev/cocos2d-x-master/samples/Cpp/HelloCpp/proj.linux/…/…/…/…/CocosDenshion/proj.linux/DebugWl,rpath,/home/sebastian/gamedev/cocos2d-x-master/samples/Cpp/HelloCpp/proj.linux/…/…/…/…/CocosDenshion/third_party/fmod/api/libWl,rpath,…/…/…/…/cocos2dx/platform/third_party/linux/glew-1.7.0/glew-1.7.0/lib
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find
lcocos2d
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible …/…/…/…/…/CocosDenshion/third_party/fmod/api/lib/libfmodex.so when searching for lfmodex
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find
lfmodex
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lcocosdenshion
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: * [HelloCpp] Error 1

I have done something wrong with the installation?

BR

Hm, according to the makefiles the compiled cocos2dx shared library will be created at “…/cocos2dx/lib/linux” in a subdirectory “debug” or “release”.
If I’m not wrong and you have within this subdirectory the libraries the linker cannot find, then you can point the linker to this directory by adding it to your Eclipse configuration.

/miro/