Can i start full game development from beginning with android studio?

Can i start full game development from beginning with android studio ?

Of course! Is there anything specific you want to know?

Earlier i found that it is used only for building android not for development.Can you please provide me some reference that will be helpful?

First, i must tell you that i just briefly used android studio recently to port my game, so may be my information is not accurate :smile:

With android studio, you can only add+modify codes on java side, plus you can integrate 3rd sdk using Gradle easily (that’s what i really like about android studio). If you need to code with C++, you still need another editor (xcode in my case), and you still need to use cocos console to build native code (if you modify java code, then just hit build button to run).

You can using log(…) to show debug info on android logcat, i dont think you can use debug feature.

Currently i am using V3.3,ubuntu 14.04 with eclipse that is working fine to me.i don’t use cocos command for compiling.i used an up gradated version of cocos like V3.9,V3.11.After doing some changes in code i am getting previous output.All time cleaning and running the project to get expected output start irritating.

I cant remember exactly which version, but when you use the older eclipse version, you can even coding in C++, and compiling without using cocos console. I think you should give older eclipse version a try (from 2015 i guess).

They only added android studio project support after v.3.4 or something like that. Can’t remember the exact version but I’m fairly sure it’s not in v3.3. If I’m on a Windows PC, I’ll use Visual Studio for coding the C++. The only things that Android studio is really useful for right now is the things that @nbtthief said… more or less. I wouldn’t recommend using Eclipse it’s a rubbish IDE in my opinion and not very solid and a pain to use. I’m honestly not sure what the preferred editor is on Ubuntu. Maybe try installing visual studio on Ubuntu and use the win32.proj (project) in your game directory. Load the solution in there. I would always recommend compiling from the console using the cocos commands no matter what platform you’re building on. So from the console in Ubuntu, “cocos compile…” etc.

i tried V3.9 with eclipse on ubuntu,all time i have to clean then compile to get the expected output.Thats why asking '“can i do full developement with android studio?”.

Check this out Info: PR
If you want to try it out… CMake is working well for me: compile/debug etc…