Can I have fixed cocos2d units on multiple resolutions?

I’m making game using physics engine. Now I’d like the objects to behave the same on every device. I have 3 different sizes of each texture therefore in appDelegate I set 3 different designResolutionsizes glView->setDesignResolutionSize(...). Now if I for example apply force to the object it will move faster on low-res devices and slow on high-res devices. I am wondering if I can have the same units on every resolution? The game implementation is too complicated to just multiply every value them by values

I already fixed my problem. I always thought that glView->setDesignResolutionSize(...) resizes textures in pixels not in units but it turns out that it does not which is awesome
For those who will face similar problem do like this:
Example: If you test your game on device with resolution 640x320 and have 3 sizes of textures: one that matches the 640x320 resolution, 2 times bigger and 4 times bigger you have to do like this:

if (scrSize.width <= 640) 
{
	resPaths.push_back("SD");
}
else if (scrSize.width <= 1280)
{
	resPaths.push_back("HD");
            Director::getInstance()->setContentScaleFactor(2);
}
else 
{
            resPaths.push_back("HDR");
             Director::getInstance()->setContentScaleFactor(4);
}
    glView->setDesignResolutionSize(640,320, ResolutionPolicy::NO_BORDER);
1 Like

I do something similar to this for sure. I think you are on the right track here.

I also do a few more things to set some bools for isIphone, isIPad, isIpod, etc. so that I can have some finer grained control if needs be.