Building for Device-Release

When trying to build a Cocos2d-x project as “Device-Release” inside Momentics, I get the following error:
/Developer/SDKs/bbndk-2.0.1/host/macosx/x86/usr/bin/ntoarm-ld: cannot find -lCocosDenshion

I can easily build as “Device-Debug”, and I am able to test the app on a device (BlackBerry Playbook).

I haven’t changed anything in the bar-descriptor.xml-file by the way - it is still just:

@
armle-v7
ChasingYello
lib/libgrskia.so
lib/libCocosDenshion.so

armle-v7
ChasingYello
lib/libgrskia.so
lib/libCocosDenshion.so

…@

I am using Cocos2d-1.0.1-x-0.12.0

Hello there. I’m having the same problem. Have no idea how to fix it. Btw, there is no Device-Release folder in CocosDenshion one. Still looking for a solution. If you solved this problem please let me know here.

Thanks a lot!

Hi Oleksii,

If you’re building a “Device-Release” build, you should use [File]—>[Export]—>[BlackBerry Tablet OS]—>[Release build], instead.

Btw, the folders “Device-Debug” and “Device-Release” are generated when building, and you can always just delete these folders, and try again (you might have to Refresh and Clean, before you build again).

Hey Thorbjørn,

Thanks a lot! Will try in the evening.

Unfortunately no luck

BTW, when i was talking about Debug-Release folder I meant
<asset path="empty/../../../CocosDenshion/proj.qnx/Device-Release/libCocosDenshion.so" type="Qnx/Elf">lib/libCocosDenshion.so</asset>

Momentics says the following when I place mouse on this line

Source file of asset "lib/libCocosDenshion.so" does not exist.

I had this issue just last night. Make sure you set the CocosDenshion project configuration to release, build it, and then your project will be able to find the library it needs when building.

At first I wasn’t seeing the CocosDenshion Release folder being created and was confused. For me, the IDE appeared to revert back to a debug configuration when I would build. I had to go into the configuration manager and actually set Release to ‘Active’. Then choose it again, and finally it stuck, and I was able to build normally. Worked fine and I was able to deploy to my device.

Hope that helps.

Daniel Bartley wrote:

I had this issue just last night. Make sure you set the CocosDenshion project configuration to release, build it, and then your project will be able to find the library it needs when building.
>
At first I wasn’t seeing the CocosDenshion Release folder being created and was confused. For me, the IDE appeared to revert back to a debug configuration when I would build. I had to go into the configuration manager and actually set Release to ‘Active’. Then choose it again, and finally it stuck, and I was able to build normally. Worked fine and I was able to deploy to my device.
>
Hope that helps.

Hello Daniel,

Thanks, will try. Btw, I am able to launch the app on my devices (Playbook and BB10) when use Device-Debug option.

So I did it. I had to build the following projects as Device-Release:
~~CocosDenshion
~~Box2D
~~cocos2dx
~~chipmunk

After that I was able to build my project.

Thanks everyone, specially Daniel!

hi!
I’ve same trouble with build helloworld by Qnx for PlaybookTablet but I got other errors:

Description Resource Path Location Type
‘find’ is not a member of ‘std’ CCObject.cpp /cocos2dx/cocoa line 70 C/C++ Problem
cannot find -lCocosDenshion HelloWorld C/C++ Problem

please help I just stack

also there are warnings

Description Resource Path Location Type
‘bool cocos2d::CCEGLView::m_bNotHVGA’ CCEGLView_qnx.h /cocos2dx/platform/qnx line 116 C/C++ Problem
‘bool cocos2d::CCSchedulerScriptHandlerEntry::m_bPaused’ CCScriptSupport.h /cocos2dx/include line 71 C/C++ Problem
‘cocos2d::CCEGLView::EventHandler* cocos2d::CCEGLView::m_pEventHandler’ CCEGLView_qnx.h /cocos2dx/platform/qnx line 119 C/C++ Problem
when initialized here CCEGLView_qnx.cpp /cocos2dx/platform/qnx line 86 C/C++ Problem
when initialized here CCScriptSupport.cpp /cocos2dx/script_support line 50 C/C++ Problem
‘cocos2d::CCEGLView::m_fScreenScaleFactor’ will be initialized after CCEGLView_qnx.h /cocos2dx/platform/qnx line 121 C/C++ Problem
‘cocos2d::CCEGLView::m_pDelegate’ will be initialized after CCEGLView_qnx.h /cocos2dx/platform/qnx line 120 C/C++ Problem
‘cocos2d::CCSchedulerScriptHandlerEntry::m_nHandler’ will be initialized after CCScriptSupport.h /cocos2dx/include line 73 C/C++ Problem
‘fcn.b2SeparationFunction::m_localPoint.b2Vec2::x’ may be used uninitialized in this function b2TimeOfImpact.cpp /Box2D/Collision line 332 C/C++ Problem
‘fcn.b2SeparationFunction::m_localPoint.b2Vec2::y’ may be used uninitialized in this function b2TimeOfImpact.cpp /Box2D/Collision line 332 C/C++ Problem
‘psm.b2PositionSolverManifold::normal.b2Vec2::x’ may be used uninitialized in this function b2ContactSolver.cpp /Box2D/Dynamics/Contacts line 698 C/C++ Problem
‘psm.b2PositionSolverManifold::normal.b2Vec2::x’ may be used uninitialized in this function b2ContactSolver.cpp /Box2D/Dynamics/Contacts line 789 C/C++ Problem
‘psm.b2PositionSolverManifold::normal.b2Vec2::y’ may be used uninitialized in this function b2ContactSolver.cpp /Box2D/Dynamics/Contacts line 698 C/C++ Problem
‘psm.b2PositionSolverManifold::normal.b2Vec2::y’ may be used uninitialized in this function b2ContactSolver.cpp /Box2D/Dynamics/Contacts line 789 C/C++ Problem
‘psm.b2PositionSolverManifold::point.b2Vec2::x’ may be used uninitialized in this function b2ContactSolver.cpp /Box2D/Dynamics/Contacts line 698 C/C++ Problem
‘psm.b2PositionSolverManifold::point.b2Vec2::x’ may be used uninitialized in this function b2ContactSolver.cpp /Box2D/Dynamics/Contacts line 789 C/C++ Problem
‘psm.b2PositionSolverManifold::point.b2Vec2::y’ may be used uninitialized in this function b2ContactSolver.cpp /Box2D/Dynamics/Contacts line 698 C/C++ Problem
‘psm.b2PositionSolverManifold::point.b2Vec2::y’ may be used uninitialized in this function b2ContactSolver.cpp /Box2D/Dynamics/Contacts line 789 C/C++ Problem
‘psm.b2PositionSolverManifold::separation’ may be used uninitialized in this function b2ContactSolver.cpp /Box2D/Dynamics/Contacts line 698 C/C++ Problem
‘psm.b2PositionSolverManifold::separation’ may be used uninitialized in this function b2ContactSolver.cpp /Box2D/Dynamics/Contacts line 789 C/C++ Problem
ignoring #pragma mark All cpSpaceStep.c /chipmunk/src line 287 C/C++ Problem
ignoring #pragma mark BB cpSpaceQuery.c /chipmunk/src line 157 C/C++ Problem
ignoring #pragma mark Body cpSpace.c /chipmunk/src line 277 C/C++ Problem
ignoring #pragma mark Collision cpSpace.c /chipmunk/src line 61 C/C++ Problem
ignoring #pragma mark Collision cpSpace.c /chipmunk/src line 214 C/C++ Problem
ignoring #pragma mark Collision cpSpaceStep.c /chipmunk/src line 144 C/C++ Problem
ignoring #pragma mark Contact cpSpace.c /chipmunk/src line 31 C/C++ Problem
ignoring #pragma mark Contact cpSpaceStep.c /chipmunk/src line 73 C/C++ Problem
ignoring #pragma mark Memory cpSpace.c /chipmunk/src line 95 C/C++ Problem
ignoring #pragma mark Misc cpSpace.c /chipmunk/src line 80 C/C++ Problem
ignoring #pragma mark Point cpSpaceQuery.c /chipmunk/src line 26 C/C++ Problem
ignoring #pragma mark Post cpSpaceStep.c /chipmunk/src line 28 C/C++ Problem
ignoring #pragma mark Segment cpSpaceQuery.c /chipmunk/src line 73 C/C++ Problem
ignoring #pragma mark Shape cpSpaceQuery.c /chipmunk/src line 188 C/C++ Problem
ignoring #pragma mark Sleeping cpSpaceComponent.c /chipmunk/src line 29 C/C++ Problem
ignoring #pragma mark Spatial cpSpace.c /chipmunk/src line 445 C/C++ Problem
Invalid project path: Include path not found (E:\blackberry\bbndk-1.0\target\qnx6\usr\include\freetype2). CocosDenshion pathentry Path Entry Problem
Invalid project path: Include path not found (E:\blackberry\bbndk-1.0\target\target-override\usr\include). CocosDenshion pathentry Path Entry Problem
Invalid project path: Include path not found (F:\Project\dumganhar\cocos2d-x\CocosDenshion\include). CocosDenshion pathentry Path Entry Problem
Source file of asset “lib/libCocosDenshion.so” does not exist. bar-descriptor.xml /HelloWorld line 86 BlackBerry Tablet OS App Manifest Problem
Source file of asset “lib/libCocosDenshion.so” does not exist. bar-descriptor.xml /HelloWorld line 92 BlackBerry Tablet OS App Manifest Problem
Source file of asset “lib/libCocosDenshion.so” does not exist. bar-descriptor.xml /HelloWorld line 97 BlackBerry Tablet OS App Manifest Problem
Source file of asset “lib/libCocosDenshion.so” does not exist. bar-descriptor.xml /HelloWorld line 104 BlackBerry Tablet OS App Manifest Problem
Source file of asset “lib/libCocosDenshion.so” does not exist. bar-descriptor.xml /HelloWorld line 110 BlackBerry Tablet OS App Manifest Problem

my path to helloworld is:

c:\bb\libs\cocos2d-x\HelloWorld\qnx
and ndk in c:\bb\ndk\

wow ! 1 year ago …… Okay , hope this help.
You need make a folder name’d “lib” and put it in the project. Then copy libCocosDension.so to this folder. Next open your project’s xml file and add a assert folder ,and chose that “lib” folder.