Many of you have been using Cocos2dx for Android Games on your Windows OS.I too have been working on Windows OS but the problem is when you build your android project in eclipse then it uses Cygwin to execute the build commands. I have experienced this process is very slow. Specially when we start build then it stars copying all content of “Resources” directory to “proj.android/assets” directory. And because this runs on emulated environment therefore it takes significantly more time. Also I have faced many permission denied issues while building my project using Cygwin environment in eclipse.
Therefore I have tried to simplified this process which lets you to build and run your Android project in eclipse without Cygwin.
Benefits of this method :
- No need of installing Cygwin on your Windows OS.
- No anymore “Permission Denied” issues.
- Save at-least at least 1-2 minute on every build.
How to use this in your project :
- Add NDK path in Path environment variable.
- Add NDK_ROOT in your environment variables.
- Add NDK_MODULE_PATH in your environment variables.
- Create a builder in eclipse to copy resources to assets.
- Set C/C++ Builder settings in eclipse
You can follow a detailed tutorial in the below given link: