Bugs In cocos creator

Hi, we have been developing many games in cocos creator since the day of its release and will continue working quiet some time. We noticed some bugs in the engine, so I will post them regularly here. Besides it, thanks for the awesome engine. We have already shipped more than 5 games and working on very big projects using Cocos creator.

1. Handshake response in windows build for websocket connections cannot increase more than 1024 or certain size, so i was not able to make websocket connections in windows. We resolved it by sending websocket response in chunks.

2. Disabling a node on its child button, creates an issue of UI freeze. Suppose there is a button callback on a fullScreen button, something like clicking in an area outside the popup :

onCancel : function(){

this.node.active = false;
}

will freeze the entire ui , now i cannot click on anything in the game.
Solution was to use a schedular in the callback to put some delay in disabling the node.

1. EditBox : there are many issues.
    a. Numeric check doesnot work,
    b. we cannot differentiate between uppercase and smallcase input from keyboard (because you are using keydown event instead of keypress).
    c. in windows there are many issues.
    d. on enter press focus is lost
    e. we cannot directly change the value of edit box. We then used edTxt.value property in ccsg.EditBox to change the value.

2. Fonts are not properly aligned in windows build.

3. Undo works sometimes and sometimes it dosent

4. Cannot change splash in android. (Feature)

5. Cannot pass arguments for Button Click Methods (Feature)

6. No option to set text shadow, outline effect (Feature)

7. No support for plugins development for various platform. (Feature)

8. webcrypto npm module doesnot work in android only (but works in ios, windows and web), Game doesnot even load , just a black screen.

2 Likes

Thanks for your support & feedback. We will track the problems you mentioned. By the way, could you please post the download/play url of your games? Thank you once more.

@SagarDabas
Thanks, I’m glad to hear that you have released more than 5 games! Amazing!

I’m the owner of all these UI issues, I’m currently working on adding RichText to the engine. After that, I will focus on fixing these issues you have listed above.

Before that, I have a couple of questions:

1. For the Disabling a node on its child button..., could you provide a simple demo and upload it to the forum? it would help me to figure out why this issue happen.

2. The EditBox you mentioned are all related to the Web, right? Are all these issue happened on Desktop Web or Mobile Web?

3. The fonts and EditBox on windows has a lot missing features, I know these issues , but I’m still finding time to fix them.

4. Cannot pass arguments for Button Click Methods (Feature)
    The Button event callback has a event argument and there is a target node in the event arg. You could pass argument in the target object. The target is usually the Button itself. Maybe this way is a little verbose, but it works. I will find a better way to handle this issue, any suggestions would be appreciated.

5. No option to set text shadow, outline effect (Feature)
    I will consider adding this feature in the future release, maybe 1.4.

Thanks for all these helpful feedback and I will ask other teammates to take a look.

TestProject.zip (196.9 KB)
@owen Hi I am attaching the file,

1. just click on the screen, you will see a white sprite node deactivates and
  2. then click on the button below it, check the console you will see the log.
  3. then switch the tab of the browser and then switch back to it, and click again button won’t work anymore, infact not just a button any interactable ui element stops working like this.

→ Yes editbox issues are related to web and windows too, like numeric checks.

→ Ohh i never thought of using target as arguement, i was thinking more of something like an argument passed to the callback function of the button which we assign in the inspector.

@zhangbin @pandamicro Sorry, I cannot share the links as all of them are client projects like we made 2 games for play lounge bar mumbai, 3 for other websites and some for other clients, some arabian games . But now we are developing a multiplayer poker game similar to poker stars, which will be released soon , on all major platform in the next month. I will definitely share its link.

Great ! looking forward to it.

thanks @SagarDabas I will check your test project and give you feedback later.

Thanks a lot @owen that would be great, we are facing it a lot, ui is freezing in other cases also (not able to find out exactly) but browser tab switch is always there.

@SagarDabas 5 games, that is great! Thank you so much for using our engine!

Would you be interesting in an interview for our blog and newsletter about your development experience with Cocos Creator, your games, etc?

@slackmoehrle Yes, ofcourse, with pleasure.

1 Like

@SagarDabas

Hi, I have tested your code, but I can’t reproduce this issue with Creator 1.3 beta4.

After the Creator 1.3 is officially released, please tested it again.

Thanks.

1 Like