Bug on text rendering on some mobile device

Hi , in the following picture you can see some text that rendered not correctly, this bug happen in mobile (HTC M9 +) but in other mobile devices i have test it works fine!!!
Is it really cocos creator bug or device problem???

Also happen to me sometimes for some fonts, i’m using cocos2d-x.
But not everytime the texts broken, usually happen when changing scene right after showing video ads.

For me every fonts have this problem, and mostly when the text has been updated!!!
What is your device??

Is there any solution for this bug???
Please help me.

If you check the forums, font render has been an issue for months and never got a proper response from the company. It is quite frustrating, I agree. This also happens with other big issues (like not properly unloading memory between scenes). I’m not saying they dont give some sort of support… because they do. But it is not unusual that you find a bug, with no documentation about it, and never got a proper response from the company.

Creator is great, but there is no support for it and documentation most of the time is older or incomplete. At least for english forums… I’ve heard that if you understand Chinese you may get better support on the Chinese forums.

At this point, Im no longer sure about going forward with Creator for my games. I’m planning to finish my current game because Im too deep on development. But not sure if I will keep using it after that. I’m also stuck with 1.3.2 because later versions have so many bugs. At least this version is stable enough for me.

I still hope the company will hire more ppl and add some kind of support to assist/support early adopters like us. I really love Cocos Creator as tool, what I don’t love, is the lack of proper support.

Just to be clear, I understand that is not dev team’s fault. They don’t have the resources to provide support, I’m blaming the company not the people. They are great, and I can only be grateful for the work they are doing.

Hi @jrosich

This is what I suggested to @walzer in the below topic:

Hopefully, support and documentation can improved in the near future, if not, then, I will invest my time in using another game engine / framework for my future games. Currently, I have 1 game at 95% complete ( awaiting physics engine ) to complete and another at 45% done. Right now, I have another 3rd game in the pipeline, but put on hold, until I see if support and documentation improves. I really like Cocos Creator, and the dev team has done an excellent job in creating a user friendly engine. Nevertheless, I have to think about my future needs…God Bless…

Sincerely,

Sunday

Hi Sunday,

Hopefully, support and documentation can improved in the near future, if not, then, I will invest my time in using another game engine / framework for my future games. Currently, I have 1 game at 95% complete ( awaiting physics engine ) to complete and another at 45% done. Right now, I have another 3rd game in the pipeline, but put on hold, until I see if support and documentation improves. I really like Cocos Creator, and the dev team has done an excellent job in creating a user friendly engine. Nevertheless, I have to think about my future needs…God Bless…

I’m also suffering from the lack of documentation, there are really annoying bugs, but nevertheless I like Cocos Creator. I already tried several game engines (Unity3D, Game Maker Studio, Godot, etc.), but I did not like them. Furthermore, I already created several useful tools and methods to help my game development process. I have 3 games in the queue as well. One of them is 99% done, the other ones are 50-60% complete.

I think the best we can do is to continue work and release our games. More released games will make Cocos Creator more popular, so the community will grow. As the community grows, the dev team can redirect more resources to improve Cocos Creator and the documentation. I believe that Cocos Creator will become one of the best game creator tools, it’s only a matter of time. It is in a very early phase now.

Best regards,
Zsolt

Thanks All,
I really love cocos creator , because it is open source has friendly tool and important thing, I can write my code in javascript or coffee script and i can use npm (node js) it is GREAT !!!

By the way, what is with the font rendering bug? Did you find any solution?

No i couldn’t find any solution but I think creating new vertex buffer cause this problem !!

I use several fonts in my games, but I did not encountered this problem yet. What font type do you use?

I’m using .ttf format.

Ah, so! I’m using Bitmap Fonts, it can be an easy solution.

I need font that support Persian characters , Persian language have sticking chars , so generating bitmap font is not easy!!!
this is Persian : پارسی

I see, in this case using TTF is a better solution.

Still, there are a list of fonts/labels related issues:

And a few more…

These issues are very frustrating indeed. I would much rather have the current bugs fixed rather than introduce new features (that will eventually have more bugs) to onboard more people and get them disappointed because of the bugs and the fact that they can’t release their games.

I have tried other engines and frameworks and everything has some sort of limitation - be it lack of native extensions, high pricing and some other sort of inconsistencies. When I heard about Cocos2D and the Creator project this seemed like the perfect chance to get into something early and develop cross-platform games easily. I’ve read that before there was Cocos Studio for C++ and it got deprecated in favor of Creator and there were news that Creator would be well supported and a lot of funding has been raised for it, but in the past month for me it seems that the forums have been slowly dying and issues piling up without proper responses to them. There was a response that Creator wouldn’t share the fate of Studio but it seems that this is what is happening.

I’m beginning to wonder if indie developers can make games at all if no good engines exist and if I should take another path and work on something else.

Hi @PZsolt27

You’ve made some good points, but look at this topic:

Farewell to our friends: Chukong U.S office is closing March 31, 2017

It’s very sad, and now with @slackmoehrle being on a volunteer basis, support could be even less in the forums, and not only that, documentation could suffer as well…I mean, @slackmoehrle did a pretty good job in updating / upgrading doc’s, but now, well, I’m shocked that this is happening…Well, I guess I need to focus my efforts in finishing my current game, and then look at other game engines / frameworks alternatives…like the ones you’ve mentioned…God Bless…

Sincerely,

Sunday

Hi @Alejandro131

Well, look at the below topic:fearful::disappointed_relieved:

There will always be game engines, the thing it’s financials as always. I think the glory days of open source game frameworks are coming to an end, and it’s very sad, indeed. You have giants like Unity, Unreal who have a big market share, and they adapt and change their business model to be more competitive against their competitors. Personally, I love creating games, and will start looking at other alternatives ( Swift, Unity3d - :tired_face:, Defold ). And I always have another path **like IOT Gadgets ( Raspberry PI ), etc…**I mean, there are other alternatives out there, one just has to tried it out…God Bless…

Sincerely,

Sunday