[SOLVED] hello_world does not open on Android when build with default template

Hi,

I created a plain Hello World project using Cocos Creator v1.1.2 and I did not change anything. I built the project and compiled it for Android using a debug Keystore but it does not open on 2/3 of my Android devices. I get the error message saying “Unfortunately, hello_world has stopped.”

Does anyone else get this error?

Tried my game

Here it works:

Also, is there any way to make the Android buttons disappear when the game is open? Is there a full screen/immersive mode that can be activated in the AndroidManifest file?

Thanks!

Do you have any log message ? It might be helpful, the project pass on all of our test devices

@pandamicro I am unable to get the log sorry.

Could it be the NDK version I am using? I am using Android NDK r10e. Is that fine?
Should I update the ant and Android SDK too?

I’m having the same problem too, even for earlier creator version.
But that only happen when I choose compile using default template. When I choose binary template, the app is working properly.

Note:

• both binary and default template show build and compile successfully.
  • tested on Android 4.1.2 and 4.4.4

Hey @misun,

Building and Compiling in binary template worked for me too.
Thanks for the suggestion!

Maybe @jyinkailej can follow this up, normally we build the binary engine with the source code using in default engine, there shouldn’t be much differences

I don’t know what changed but I built it using default template and it started working on older versions of Android now (Android 4.x)