books about cocos2d using c++

I tried to find books about cocos2d, but they are all use objc. I didn’t use it at all and it difficult for to understant the objc code.
Are there books about cocos2d using c++?

Somebody is writting it. I think the book will published soon. I don’t know the accurate time.

But it’s a book written in Chinese…

If the book in Chinese is published, the english version is bound to appear.
otherwise i could do the translation work

I used a lot of resources from cocos2d-iphone and google. Most of the resources that I’ve taken a look at are written in Objective-C. I’ve have no experience in Objective-C and this is the first time I’ve actually looked at Obj-C code extensively (working with cocos2d-x).

If you are decent with C**, you should be able to translate the code easily. If not, don’t be shy to ask on the forums.
There is this book: “Learning Cocos2D: A Hands-On Guide to Building iOS Games with Cocos2D, Box2D, and Chipmunk” it’s written for Objective-C, but I still used it as a learning resource. I didn’t find any problems translating the code to C**.

Here is an example:
CCSprite spaceCargoShip = ;
;
;
I had no experience with Obj-C, but I see easily that it translates to:
CCSprite
spaceCargoShip = CCSprite::spriteWithFile(“SpaceCargoShip.png”);
spaceCargoShip~~>setPosition );
this~~>addChild(spaceCargoShip);

I am not saying that everyone should be able to translate Objective-C to C++. I am just saying that you should give it a try, you might surprise yourself with how easy it is. I know that I surprised myself.

If you still have trouble translating, don’t be shy to ask the forums because I am sure the entire community can benefit from it.

Yeap.
Easy to tranlate is our target.

This thread was started 4 months ago. Anyone know if any books have been published since then?

Well apparently there none as of the moment. What I would suggest is view raywenderlich’s (www.raywenderlich.com) tutorials while referencing gameit.ro converted raywenderlich’s tutorial codes.

Please read news http://www.cocos2d-x.org/projects/cocos2d-x/news.
A book has been published, but it is written in Chinese.

We are hoping some developer can write another one in English.
May be you are the one.

I would be interested in this book in English.

Use books on cocos2d (now there are at least 3 published), all concepts remain the same (of course you need to translate from obj-c to c++) and Ray Wenderlich tutorials http://www.raywenderlich.com/
even more useful than books. Use this forum and cocos2d forum helps a lot too.