blackberry port: problems with the manifest

Hi,

My project raises “tablet os app manifest problems” because of this lines:

armle-v7 lib/libgrskia.so HelloCpp

anyone knows how to edit the manifest?

Thanks.

I have asked help from blackberry engineers.
I hope they can help you soon.

I am sorry, i am not familiar with blackberry.

What’s the problem with manifest? The manifest located in your proj.blacberry as bar-descriptor.xml. Double click on it in Eclipse IDE (Momentics) opens the special editing window.
Is it what you looking for?

I have no idea what’s wrong with the manifest. I just created the project from the template. When I try to compile, I get the following erros in the console:

Description:
“Derived asset”HelloCpp" is not yet built".
Resource:
bar-descriptor.xml
Path:
/HelloCpp
Type:
BlackBerry Tablet OS App Manifest Problem

If I doubleclick the manifest I don’t see that info, only when I edit it as text. This is the full manifest:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="no"?>

org.cocos2dx.HelloCpp

HelloCpp

The HelloCpp application

Example Inc.

icon.png

none false

core.games
icon.png

Resources

armle-v7 lib/libgrskia.so HelloCpp armle-v7 lib/libgrskia.so HelloCpp armle-v7 lib/libgrskia.so HelloCpp armle-v7 lib/libgrskia.so HelloCpp x86 lib/libgrskia.so HelloCpp x86 lib/libgrskia.so HelloCpp x86 lib/libgrskia.so HelloCpp

run_native

Thanks!

Is your path to libgrskia.so correct? Please do as Alexander suggests, and open the file in Momentics and let us know the exact error with the manifest.

Ben

sorry, this is the manifest in a more readable format:

org.cocos2dx.HelloCpp

HelloCpp

The HelloCpp application

Example Inc.

icon.png

none
        false

core.games
    icon.png

Resources

armle-v7
       lib/libgrskia.so
       HelloCpp

armle-v7
       lib/libgrskia.so
       HelloCpp

armle-v7
       lib/libgrskia.so
       HelloCpp

armle-v7
       lib/libgrskia.so
       HelloCpp

x86
       lib/libgrskia.so
       HelloCpp

x86
       lib/libgrskia.so
       HelloCpp

x86
       lib/libgrskia.so
       HelloCpp

run_native

Jesus Bosch wrote:

“Derived asset”HelloCpp" is not yet built".

I think that means that your project either isn’t compiling correctly (check the errors/warnings in Momentics), or that your path to the object files aren’t set up correctly in the manifest. Make sure all the relative links all point to the right place. Also, make sure you’re building all your projects with the same build configuration (right click on project and set build configuration to simulator or device).

Ben

Hi Ben,

Do you know if it does support absolute paths? I tried this (what I’m 100% sure it’s correct), and I get the same error

x86
       lib/libgrskia.so
       HelloCpp

I suggest removing libgrskia.so from manifest. I had problems running my program on a real device with libgrskia.so present in manifest. In fact both real device and simulator already have this library in the system.
Also you may need to compile CocosDenshion and make sure its binary libCocosDenshion.so is present in assets.

Hi, The error is still there… but it looks like it deploys to the real device… well, this is all weird, but seem to work.

Yes, grskia is no longer used in the project. So remove these from your bar-descriptor. It was used for font rendering before but that has been switched over to use freetype, so in your libraries you will have to add freetype as a library as well as tiff as we’ve added support for tiff rendering as well.

Thanks.