binding generator

I use cocos2d-x 3.0, I want to know whether “binding generator” works on win32 platform now.
how can I export a new function into lua now?

binding generator depends on llvm, but llvm now doesn’t work perfectly on win32. is that that the reason.

I just want to export CCNode::scheduleOnce(handler, interval) into lua.

thanks very much for any help.

h6cker.

You can refer to the funtions exportde to lua by manual in lua_cocos2dx_manual.cpp file.

Yep, bindings-generator is not supported on windows in cocos2d-x3.0.

Issue http://www.cocos2d-x.org/issues/2869 was created. Thanks for your feedback.

it is a little regretful. I want to know how you develop c2dx on win32 platform.
how can I generate “lua_cocos2dx_manual.cpp” on win32 platfrom.

@james chen
I found a bug and have fixed it on my own branch, can you help me review it.

CCSchedule.cpp line 232
if (0 != _scriptHandler)
{
Director::getInstance()->getScheduler()->unscheduleScriptEntry(_scriptEntryId);
}

I’m quite new to cocos2dx, so if I’m wrong please correct me.

As I read in

and it says “spidermonkey is the only current target vm”.
I suppose it means the bindings-generator is only used for js?

Plus, I verified in 3.0alpha’s lua binding code(scripting\auto-generated\lua-bindings), it is still generated with tolua++.

So to answer the OP’s question, I think llvm is not related here.

James Chen wrote:

Issue http://www.cocos2d-x.org/issues/2869 was created. Thanks for your feedback.

thanks jianfei,

in 2.x version, I can modify pkgs to export functions into lua with tolua++.
but now I do not know how to finish this job in version 3.0 on win32 platform.

it is grateful for any help.

Most of our team members are using MacOS, so it’s no problem to generate luabinding codes by bindings-generator.
For short-term solution: you could install a Mac or Linux vm for generating binding glue codes.
We will try our best to make it support win32 soon.

Error when running the genbindings.sh

lua_cocos2dx_manual.cpp is not generated by bindings-generator,it contains funtions can’t bound to lua automatically.Now ,you can bind your function to lua by writing some code in the lua_cocos2dx_manual.cpp.About schedule,we don’t want to change the codes in the cocos2dx only for lua, do you have any better solution?

hacker chen wrote:
>

in 2.x version, I can modify pkgs to export functions into lua with tolua**.
but now I do not know how to finish this job in version 3.0 on win32 platform.
>
it is grateful for any help.
Sorry that I didn’t digg deep enough before answering, and it seems that my only right thing is that I could make mistake here.
So in 3.0, the lua code is REALLY also generated by that generator.py, not tolua**. I’m not familiar with llvm neither, so I could not give any further help here. Maybe you could follow @James’ suggetion or wait till the issue get solved…