Best way to storage player-data

Firebase realtime database is a very good option, but I’m not secure about the prices. If the application becomes viral I think I would pay a lot more than having my own server ($0.06 per auth, imagine in a viral app the costs of them). And another disadvantage is that I do not know the manipulation of data that Google could do without my authorization.

You misread it. $0.06 is only for authentication by SMS - not for Facebook or Google login. Where did you read, that Google can manipulate your data? That would be the end of Google, if it would be public, that they change customers project data. I don’t understand your point of view - everybody is saying “Google is evil”. But they can’t, because their business is build on trust. If no one trust their services, Google will end to exists. - Firebase can create daily backups. It’s up to you to download them and compare it to the day before. This way you see every unauthorised change.

An own server can’t be so secure like Firebase/Azure/AWS. But I wish you good luck and please report, if the first DDOS or hack has happened :wink:

You are a fanatic of google, Do you work for them? Hahaha, it’s a joke.
I will repeat it, I’m not sure about the prices. I would like to know a viral app (with millons and millons of players around the world) that chose firebase realtime database instead of his own server. If you know any, tell me :slight_smile:

No, I don’t work for Google or Apple. It’s just my personal opinion about your concerns against Google.

As I said before: If your game goes viral, you will get money from your customers (by ads or post paid for the game).

I also found this regarding your question.

Ok, thanks for the info :slight_smile:

I tested the RESTful way of firebase and it’s pretty straight forward to use it with anonymous login. If someone wants to know more about it, you can find the information here and here.

PS: Eventually I create a simple demo, after the cocos2d-x 3.16 release for Android, iOS, macOS and win32. This would be nice to have for the future, if you can’t use the Firebase SDK on your platform.

Ok, months have passed since this publication and I continue with the same problem, hahaha. My problem is simple, I want to use SQL Server or MySQL. Is possible use it without a HTTP POST communication?

I want to include SQL Server API or MySQL API to my c++ code and connect with my own server. I don’t want to make a PHP code and communicate it through http to mysql.

I included MySQL Connector for c++ following this guide:

It works perfect for x86 archs. But it not works in arm archs:

ld: warning: ignoring file /usr/local/lib/libmysqlcppconn.7.1.1.9.dylib, file was built for x86_64 which is not the architecture being linked (arm64): /usr/local/lib/libmysqlcppconn.7.1.1.9.dylib
Undefined symbols for architecture arm64:
  "_get_driver_instance", referenced from:
      GameManager::addChicken() in GameManager.o
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture arm64
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

In the download page I view only link for x86 architectures:
https://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/cpp/

Maybe it´s only for desktop apps. Impossible for devices…