Best way for creating a book-like object

This is my first post on this board so hello to all of you.
I’ve been using cocos2d-x for 2 months now and it’s going great. I’m developing a game for BlackBerry, Android and iOS.

Here’s what i want to do:
Create a book with a large number of interactive pages. The pages are solid, which means, they cannot bend.
Every page has it’s own elements (sprites, labels, box2d objects) and is touchable. The user can touch the page on the side and it will follow his finger. The pages can be flipped, just like you can flip pages on a physical book.

I want page turning like the one in Flipboard with the only difference being that the flip should be left/right not up/down - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHTvoH16y8A

Right now, for 1 page i create 2 nodes, one for the left page and one for the right, their width is equal to the width of the screen.
One page has visible area from 0-center and the other from center-screenWidth and on the other parts of the pages, center-screenWidth and 0-center, there is nothing, this area is never visible.
To flip them i simply flip them by their X axis. I modify their grid to accomplish this.

I’m sure that this isn’t even the second best way for creating and flipping the pages so that’s why i’m here, to ask you

What is the best way for creating and flipping pages like the ones i described above?

It does not have to be the best way.
Suggest me anything different than my approach for solving this problem.