Best design resolusion

hi,
I’m developing a game android \ ios, smartphone \ tablet and therefore multi resolution. I want to make sprites for a resolution which is in the middle of all the others. For example, if there were only two smartphones, the first 200x400 and second 400x800, so my resolution disign and my sprites (background, the hero, targets …) would be designed in 300x600 resolution (middle of 200x400 and 400x800). My game is in portrait mode. My game is not heavy in memory so I can afford to make a single set of sprites that will be scale by resolusion desired device.

So can you tell me what is the best resolution portrait that I could use for my disign for resolution adapts to all resolusion that exists today?

Sorry for my bad english.

Thanks!

If you only want to create a single set of assets then we would recommend iPad (non retina), it is a a nice mid point, the only thing that may need extra assets for is background but you could over come this by create a large version which extends beyond the iPad’s screen resolution and position it in the centre and depending on the device more or less will appear, you would need to put the main contents of the background in the centre.

Hope this helps :smiley:

so, the best mid point for my asset and design resolution is 768X1024px?