Background Music not resume after applicationWillEnterForeground() Android 4.x

Hi all ,

I’ve a problem when I trying to resume background music after pressing power button , I found that the Background Music are not playing but the sound effect have no problem.
This issue only appear in Android 4.0 , 4.0.3 and 4.1

any suggestion ?

thanks

I’m having the same problem.
I think that the reason is the activity isn’t resuming, so the code for playing the music isn’t running.
Try to see what activity functions are being called in this situation.
I remember hearing the key here is to listen to focus changes, but I didn’t find the time looking into it.

Thanks for the reply Oren,

I’ll try to looking to it

I’ve played your game Noogra Nuts in android , it is awesome :slight_smile:

hi, sorry for digging this up, but has this issue been resolve? Care to share the solution?

I know this thread is a bit old but I was looking for a solution for another issue, got to this question and I know the answer :slight_smile:
On the Cocos2dxActivity.java, you need to change a couple methods and add another (overriden) one:

@Override
    protected void onResume() {
        super.onResume();

Cocos2dxHelper.onResume();
// Comment this off     this.mGLSurfaceView.onResume(); 
    }

@Override
    protected void onPause() {
        super.onPause();

Cocos2dxHelper.onPause();
// Comment this off     this.mGLSurfaceView.onPause();
    }

// Add this one
    @Override
    public void onWindowFocusChanged(boolean focus){
        if(focus){
            this.mGLSurfaceView.onResume();
        }
        else
        {
            this.mGLSurfaceView.onPause();
        }

}

You must remember, also, to add SimpleAudioEngine::sharedEngine()->resumeBackgroundMusic(); to AppDelegate::applicationWillEnterForeground() on AppDelegate.cpp.

This solution doesnt work anymore on kitkat

I tried the solution above but it still doesnt work on cocos2d-x 2.2.3 and kitkat 4.4 … does this work for 4.1, 4.2 , etc??? … Do i need to do something else to make it work??. is it because I get mediaplayer finalized without being released once onPause is called in java!!! I cant even resume music as it is released I think