Are all tiles rendered with each frame, or only the ones within the view port?

Love the ease of the framework. Wonderful work.

I have a couple questions:

1. Are only the tiles (TMX isometric) within the view port rendered with each frame, or are all the tiles rendered? My concern is with a large map.
  2. Since my game (using TMX isometric) has 4 map rotations, is it correct to assume that the TMX format is not going to work without having 4 maps for each rotation, thus, not going to work with the map portion of this framework? I’ve created my game in Java by using only one map, and rotating map files programmatically. I would like to do the same with HTML5.

Thank you for your time.

As to question 1:

It depends on what is the render. All tiles will be rendered in canvas mode, and only tiles within the view port will be rendered in WebGL mode.

As to question 2:

Sorry, I can’t catch what is your requirement and what is the problem.

Thank you for your reply. I don’t want to take you away from the progress you’re making with the framework, so there’s no need to read/proceed any further…

1. Now I’m not too familiar with the framework’s rendering methods or the TMX format, but often times isometric games have a rotate button that rotates a map. Usually, the map is a 2D array (roughly) and when the rotate button is clicked, the 2D array is rotated either clockwise or counter clockwise.

Default 2D map array:

[[0,1,2],
[3,4,5],
[6,7,8]]

Clockwise rotation of default:

[[6,3,0],
[7,4,1],
[8,5,2]]

Counter clockwise rotation of default:

[[2,5,8],
[1,4,7],
[0,3,6]]

In addition to the array rotation, tile sprites need to be changed accordingly.