Apple rejection, probably a pluggin sdkbox problem

Hi!
We have a big problem, the update for our game was rejected by apple, and here is their justification:

We noticed that your app contains a payment mechanism other than in-app purchase for digital content or to unlock features or functionality within your app, which is not appropriate for the App Store. In-app purchase is the only valid in-app payment mechanism for digital content.

But we don’t use any other payment mechanism than in-app purchase. We have found the same problem in the chinese forums: http://forum.cocos.com/t/1-4/47226

We are using: In app purchase, sdkbox play, share, google analytics, admob, facebook and oneSignal, and nothing more.

Do you know how to resolve the issue? That’s a huge and urgent problem!
Thanks in advance!

Apple is rejecting apps using Tencent’s WeChat SDK which supports an alternative payment method for in-app items.

Don’t think SDKBOX include WeChat SDK. Have you integrated any other SDKs which could be using WeChat?

I have also unity ads adaptater and unity ads sdk for admob. But I don’t think they are using weChat. We ask more information to apple, and our app is in review again, so we will wait and see what’s the problem

Could this be your problem that you are calling sdkbox.iap.init() too late in game (upon user interaction at a particular screen) and not at game loading.

No, we init it in the loading screen. App is in review since 12h, we are still waiting apple explain us ^^

Ok.Please update with the same.
And meanwhile have u tried removing anysdk bindings as mentioned in chinese forum.?

Yes don’t worry, when I ask for help in the forum and find alone the solution, I always update my topic to inform others :wink:
For now I have tried nothing, cause we need an explanation from apple, and anyway if we change something our app will start again the validation process.
Anyway, google translate didn’t translate the Chinese forum very well, so I have not understood it.

Please keep us posted for this issue. For SDKBOX we only integrate Apple app store for iOS so should follow the apple store’s rule.

I’m in the same boat, previously only had google analytics and that passed then after a recent update and adding Facebook apple rejected the app for the same reason. Our app doesn’t even use IAP

chinese forum claims removing anysdk solves the issue. Can someone confirm, supposedly because of wechat IAP

Very possible, Apple is fighting with Wechat right now.

@nite
Indeed apple is rejecting builds which include libraries of anysdk. We had a app in review which was rejected as posted by OP. After removing traces of anysdk we successfully passed that check.[quote=“mikey_mea, post:10, topic:37411, full:true”]
chinese forum claims removing anysdk solves the issue. Can someone confirm, supposedly because of wechat IAP
[/quote]

It seems to be working.

Thanks so much! Apples been really slow, like weeks slow to reply(and still haven’t) to our requests to clarify the rejection. Even after supposedly being pushed up the chain.

Still rejected… I don’t know how to remove anysdk since I’m not supposed to use it? I’m just using sdkbox, I don’t even know what is anysdk

Can you let us know which version of the cocos2d-x engine are you using?

I’m using cocos creator v1.4.2

For time being try these steps for removing anysdk from your ios project.

https://translate.google.co.in/translate?hl=en&sl=zh-CN&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cocos.com%2Fdocs%2Fcreator%2Fsdk%2Fanysdk%2Fanysdk-framework.html

@nite it would be nice if someone can translate these steps in details, sometimes google sucks with translation and give hard time.

2 Likes