Any signup is necessary for cocos creator?

It’s been a long time since I last visited. Today I got a mail from here and made a visit to
check new changes on Cocos2d-x and found new stuff called “cocos creator”.

So I tried to download and run, but it demands any existent login information.
I don’t know why this process is needed, even though I visited the site for signing up,
I can’t read anything in Chinese.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

It’s super annoying, but at least you can use a crap email.

you’re telling me. By the way, what happened on your email?
Mine is just fine.

You can log-in with this current account you using right now.

1 Like

As @Abdou23 said you use your existing id.

@stevetranby thanks for the feedback I will pass along to the team.

Hi Jason!

Yes, please, tell the team that having to log-in is annoying…
It makes me wondering:

• what if my internet connection is down, or if I need to go somewhere without internet access?
  • why do we need to login and what are the informations sent?

I love what you ‘guys’ are doing with Cocos Creator, but I’m sure that having to log-in is not really a necessity…

If this is to be informed about updates, a menu ‘check for updates’ (like everybody does) can be added, but even this is not necessary, don’t waste your time on this and let the team work on making this tools even better.

(the forum announced the availability of version 1.0.1 before it appeared inside Cocos Creator :wink: )

Daniel

1 Like

I just downloaded windows version this time and worked just fine
without any signup.

Plus, The cocos creator looks great, and it seems like the development takes shorter than previous.

Thank you guys for quick followups. :smile:

When connection is down, it switch to offline mode, and won’t require login. @nantas2 can answer why we need it

When connection is down, i can’t see project templates in New Project tab. So i can’t do anything without internet connection.

Its been almost a year and we still waiting that answer.
Thanks,

You can launch Creator and bypass the sign-in, I think. Searching the forums here might have the answer. I don’t recall it off the top of my head.

I know we can. But the forums has no answer on “why” we need it.