Answering the questions about Cocos Creator, the engine and editor

This topic is temporarily closed for 4 hours due to a large number of community flags.

It depends on Shun Lin, he afraid that v4.0 is not good enough and break the backward compatibility. I think Shun will wait until cocos2d-x-lite is “cool” enough.

Xiamen is the name of our city, in the southeast of China. Our engine team is in this city from day one.

This topic was automatically opened after 4 hours.

This topic is temporarily closed for 4 hours due to a large number of community flags.

Well, I did work for the company for almost 4 years.

Yes, we had goals of creating more content and a better documentation experience but not all of these goals had time allotted to them. I also needed community help for some of these and only a few people stepped up. We are a community after all. I think I still have archives of the streams I did if you want to see them. When I left Chucking in March I think I still kept them. I’d need to verify.

Sorry you don’t see my contributions but a lot of what we have now would not exist without my efforts as well as other team members and the community. All I can do in the future is try to keep things moving forward.

@jrosich Thanks. I hope to prioritize goals and get our users happier with our offerings.

I agree with what you are saying here. I really like Phaser.io documentation. If we can model after that I think we can make learning and finding answers easier for our users.

+1
@KAMIKAZE, you dont like Creator, dont use it. You are a real programmer that uses REAL programming languages and you hate JS. Fine, whatever. You made your point. Now, please stop trolling the forum.

I am sorry if my post looks rude, but if you look from the outside, there really were promises, and there was no results. At least the visible results.

Maybe you just could tell more about your work. I am sure many people here are curious.

/off_top
At a forum of one gaming company, a manager from time to time shared photos of the office and interviews with different employees, nothing special just random questions for 5 minutes. Users were delighted.
/end_off_top

Could you share what help with documentation you need?

The number of times I have asked for help with tasks on these very forums and received interest but no contributions is a high number, IIRC. I have conducted many polls, asked for docs help, asked for CSS help, asked for, asked for, asked for. Cocos2d-x is a community effort. Period. It would not exist without our users. We realize this and we are thankful for this at the same time. We try and do the right tasks so that everyone is happy. Sometimes this works, sometimes it does not. We have made decisions in the past that didn’t yield the results we had hoped. We learn from this and we try harder.

We had talked about interviews with our team members but we never got this off the ground. As far as the office pictures, I don’t know. I get what you are saying though. These types of posts are surely would be interesting to the community to gain an inside view into the workings of the team. Noted.

I can use any help I can get. I will make a game plan to get our docs upgraded and post it on these forums for feedback and ideas. Then we can discuss how we work with the community to accomplish the goals.

Asbsolutely agree with you.

Anyway, the programmers who want to still having headaches with c++ can help you saying what they want.

I guess if you ask cpp programmers if they want/need 3d functionality they would say you that no. Or the integrated physics. All this littles pieces that made cocos2d-x “no lite”. Im not talking about asking you to do more work like a “fmod wrapper”, you are not a charity organization, I know! You are doing a lot of the work for free! at least for the moment :stuck_out_tongue:

So, this how the trolling starts! You just insulted another user. These forums can live without that type of interaction amongst fellow users.

Yes, I remember something about CSS. I am sorry, but I can not help with it.
But to be honest, I do not remember any specific requests for documentation.

I really like this idea. I will try to help if I can.
While remembering my first topic, I am not so sure that there will be a discussion…

I read your topic, but I was not employed by the company at that time. I’ll review your post as I make a game plan.

I am a C ++ programmer and I want 3D :slightly_frowning_face:

But in many ways I agree. :slight_smile:

Hahah fine! Actually, I wanted to can use it also, but not in that experimental stage :frowning:

Not much useful information there. I meant that I thought that there would be more answers. At least when I began to study the engine, I roughly understood what tutorials I needed.

And If people think that the topic is stupid then I prefer to hear it and especially why.

I am sorry, I seem to have started offtopic.
If someone wants to discuss this, it is better to write in that topic, or PM me.

I agree. :frowning: