How about to implement/include some another new features (additionaly to mentioned in http://www.cocos2d-x.org/boards/6/topics/5775)?
- Filledpolygon - I think would be usefull (e.g. for rendering some polygon landscape areas filled with a texture) addon for game developer. I used it in my game.
There is cocos2d (iPhone) project at:
I’ve ported it to cocos2dx, may attach my files if necessary.
- Would be useful to have wrapped text node (that will wrap text to specified width) - to render descriptions, stories, etc. for game. Unfortunatelly have no code for that.
- Would be useful to have Clip node - might be used for scroll boxes, wrapped text, etc. Also have no code for this.
- Woudl be useful to have FileExists functionality. E.g. if some “game objects” have additional textures (with definite naming convention) and some don’t and we need to create these additional textures if files exists and not create otherwise - I used this approach in my game (had to use native marmalade API). I know e.g. CCTextureCache::addImage will return NULL texture if file doesn’t exist but why make redundant operations if file simply doesn’t exist?
- How about to include some TTF to FNT converting tool to cocos? TTF is already implemented for all platforms but it still performs slower than BMFont (?). I used hiero.jnlp - java tool, since TTF was not implemented in 0.9.x.