Android - Example project (HelloWorld) shows black screen on emulator

i downloaded the current version of cocos2dx. I successfully compiled the project in the terminal with:

cocos compile -p android --android-studio

But when I run the project on an emulator I just get a black screen. This is my current emulator:

Here some debug logs:

/com.my.game D/cocos2d-x debug info: OpenGL error 0x0501 in /Users/alex/IOS/MyGame/cocos2d/cocos/./base/CCStencilStateManager.cpp drawFullScreenQuadClearStencil 82
/com.my.game D/cocos2d-x debug info: cocos2d: warning: Uniform not found: depth
/com.my.game D/cocos2d-x debug info: OpenGL error 0x0501 in /Users/alex/IOS/MyGame/cocos2d/cocos/./renderer/CCRenderer.cpp saveRenderState 158
/com.my.game D/cocos2d-x debug info: OpenGL error 0x0501 in /Users/alex/IOS/MyGame/cocos2d/cocos/./base/CCStencilStateManager.cpp drawFullScreenQuadClearStencil 82
/com.my.game D/cocos2d-x debug info: OpenGL error 0x0501 in /Users/alex/IOS/MyGame/cocos2d/cocos/./2d/CCDrawNode.cpp onDraw 362
/com.my.game I/chatty: uid=10085(u0_a85) GLThread 310 identical 1 line
/com.my.game D/cocos2d-x debug info: cocos2d: warning: Uniform not found: depth
/com.my.game D/cocos2d-x debug info: OpenGL error 0x0501 in /Users/alex/IOS/MyGame/cocos2d/cocos/./renderer/CCRenderer.cpp saveRenderState 158

Now I read some other topics which mentioned the same error and I read something about using a real device would probably solve the problem. I don’t have a android device. So is there any way to run it on the emulator? Has the error something to do with the android version of the emulator?

Thanks in advance

Have you tried changing android:configChanges="orientation" to android:configChanges="orientation|screenSize" in your app\AndroidManifest?

Try that or changing the version of cocos2d that you use.

This is from my AndroidManifest:

<activity
            android:name="org.cocos2dx.cpp.AppActivity"
            android:screenOrientation="landscape"
            android:configChanges="orientation|keyboardHidden|screenSize"
            android:label="@string/app_name"
            android:theme="@android:style/Theme.NoTitleBar.Fullscreen" >
            <intent-filter>
                <action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN" />

<category android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER" />
            </intent-filter>
        </activity>

So your code is present. Why changing the version?

Weird that it’s already there. Well, try changing the version of cocos2d that you’re using. If that doesn’t work, try updating, reinstalling, or changing any of the components that go into making the app. I mean like, Android Studio, Cocos2d, Android SDK, or Android NDK for example. When I have problems that no one can answer, that usually helps. Good luck, in advance, it’s a hard struggle.