Android-build.py error creating an android project

Hi, i started out today with cocos engine, using cocos2dx 3.3 version, ubuntu 14. i am follwing this guide here http://cocos2d-x.org/wiki/How_to_run_cpp-tests_on_Android to create an android project using eclipse. After running android-build.py the build fails with the following error

"[armeabi] StaticLibrary : libcocos2dandroid.a
[armeabi] Compile thumb : cpufeatures <= cpu-features.c
[armeabi] StaticLibrary : libcpufeatures.a
[armeabi] SharedLibrary : libcpp_tests.so
/home/User/AndDev/android-ndk-r10c/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.8/prebuilt/linux-x86/lib/gcc/arm-linux-androideabi/4.8/…/…/…/…/arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld: error: /home/User/AndDev/cocos2d-x-3.3rc0/build/…/external/curl/prebuilt/android/armeabi/libcurl.a(sha512-armv4.o): requires unsupported dynamic reloc R_ARM_REL32; recompile with -fPIC
clang++: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
make: *** [obj/local/armeabi/libcpp_tests.so] Error 1
make: Leaving directory `/home/User/AndDev/cocos2d-x-3.3rc0/tests/cpp-tests/proj.android’
Build dynamic library for project [ /home/User/AndDev/cocos2d-x-3.3rc0/build/…/tests/cpp-tests/proj.android ] fails!
"

I think it is not able to find some library, after trying for hours no success. I am not able to figure out how to solve this issue.

Any guidance will be very helpful.

Thanks.

My development environment is ubuntu 14 and is working fine for me.
Did you follow instruction in README.md for linux?
Did you run setup.py?
Did you run download-deps.py?
Did you try cocos run -p android?

I am having the same issue. I’m on Linux Mint 17, using Cocos2d-x 3.3rc0. I have tried with both r9 and r10 NDKs. I have tried both cocos run -p android in the cpp-tests directory and python ./android-build.py -p xx cpp-tests in the build directory, where xx has been both 10 and 17 API levels.

All to no avail.

I’m pretty new to android and cocos2d-x, so I’m not quite sure what to do.

I’ve the same problem, stuck with it for 2 days, tried a lot of ways but result is nothing.
I tried below ways,

• ndk-r9 with cocos2d-x-2.1.4
  • ndk-r10c with cocos2d-x-3.3rc0
  • and all combinations

My machine is 14.04 Linux Jarvis 3.13.0-40-generic #69-Ubuntu SMP Thu Nov 13 17:53:56 UTC 2014 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Now, I’m thinking to switch OS X, maybe I will achieve on this .)