Android app crashes after sleeping time

Hi,

I have a cocos2d-js game in beta test now, running fine on Android, IOS and Web. Only the Android version crashes regularly after I leave the app for some time, some hours maybe. I resume it, it works for 1 minute or so and then crashes with following backtrace:

I/DEBUG ( 180): backtrace:
I/DEBUG ( 180): #00 pc 00fc8788 /data/app-lib/org.cocos2dx.hellojavascript-1/libcocos2djs.so (JS_AbortIfWrongThread(JSRuntime*)+36)
I/DEBUG ( 180):
I

Any suggestions where I could start looking for this?

1 Like

+1. I encountered the same issue.

Seems like an issue related to the SpiderMonkey runtime, we will upgrade to SpiderMonkey 31 when it’s available, hope this will fix the issue

@pandamicro If need help testing, tell me. I’m really interested in getting this one away :wink: It may have to do with memory usage. I work with 50000 words in an array in my app.

Thanks! I will send you a version to test once it’s done, only problem is SpiderMonkey v31 haven’t been released yet

Is there any progress on this issue?

@Timothy I have the same problem still, but @pandamicro meant it could be solved with the next spider monkey version and that is due in cocos2d-js 3.2. Some weeks … :wink:

We plan to upgrade SpiderMonkey to v33 in version 3.3, in fact, their official download page is always absent, but they shipped Firefox v33 which include a stable version of SpiderMonkey. The only problem is that we analyzed the API of SpiderMonkey, it have changed significantly, and it will take a lot work to upgrade, we will try our best

1 Like