Advertising in game, what's the best?

Hi everybody,

Same as subject, i have an issue: I want to publish a free game , and i want to sell Ad in it. So i want to ask: what’s the best? Admob, adwhirl or …iAd?

Regards,

1 Like

When in doubt, use all of them. :wink:
In one of the projects I worked on, it had MoPub, AdMob, iAd, Millennial Media, AdColony, and Greystripe.

I personally prefer MoPub because implementing them is smooth as cream and can be used as the middle-man for the other ad networks.

Lance Gray wrote:

When in doubt, use all of them. :wink:
In one of the projects I worked on, it had MoPub, AdMob, iAd, Millennial Media, AdColony, and Greystripe.
>
I personally prefer MoPub because implementing them is smooth as cream and can be used as the middle-man for the other ad networks.

Thanks for help.

Thien La Duc wrote:

Same as subject, i have an issue: I want to publish a free game , and i want to sell Ad in it. So i want to ask: what’s the best? Admob, adwhirl or …iAd?

Or, put in AdMob and then add more ad servers via the built in mediation, see my blog post: http://www.gmtdev.com/blog/2013/08/19/adding-more-advert-sdks-monitorisation-to-your-admob-in-game-banner-ad/

To show AdMob, follow AdMobs quick start guide (to add the callback handler functions, manifest stuff, etc) then use this code in your OnCreate to actually show the banner:

try
            {
                adParams = new LinearLayout.LayoutParams(
                        getWindowManager().getDefaultDisplay().getWidth(),
                        -50);

// old admob:
                //adView = new AdView(ArrowMania.this, AdSize.BANNER, "your id");

// New adMob (11th Aug v1.18 and on):
                adView = new AdView(ArrowMania.this, AdSize.BANNER, "your id");

adView.setAdListener(your_activity.this);
                request = new AdRequest();
                if( DEBUG_LOG )
                {
                    Log.d(TAG, "Setup for TEST ads. Set DEBUG_LOG to false to for release!!");
                    request.addTestDevice("your devices test id");
                }

adView.loadAd(request);
                addContentView(adView, adParams);
                adView.setVisibility(View.INVISIBLE);
            }
            catch (Exception e)
            {

}

Whats that -50 stand for? will it be standard for all devices sizes this way?

The banner is 50 pixels high, the layout for that adParams puts the banner at the very top of the screen as in a value of 0 would have the banner actually off the top. Try -100, there will be a 50 pixel gap above the 50pixel high banner.