Access Denied error, Using VS2012 window 8 metro style app.

Hi All,

I have successfully installed the cocos2dx template for VS2012 professional. But when i start creating new project it gives me access denied error(see attached image).

I am using below link for creating new project and upto step 3 it is working correctly and afterward i get above error.
http://www.cocos2d-x.org/projects/cocos2d-x/wiki/How_to_create_a_new_project_for_windows8_metro

Thanks for your help in advance.

Access Denied.png (7.5 KB)

Access Denied.png (7.5 KB)

Any help is really welcome. I am facing this issue since last 3 days so if any solution is there then let me know.

Thank you.

What I have done is just unzip the latest Cocos2d-x zip, and use the Helloworld project as the base.

Hi,

Thank you for your response, but always using Hello world is not a solution.

Is this the only way to start the app? Did you try creating a new project, if yes then did you receive this error?

Sorry I am asking you if question but it is important for me know that.

Thank you once again.

I use an copy of the HelloWorld project (on the same folder)
Maybe you can create first your ‘default template’ project which has some stuff from your point of view on it and use this for creating new projects (copy like above).

Hi, P.E.

Thank you for your response.

Ok, So basically, we have to modified the hello world program with our required stuff and then we can use that project for other new project.

Thank you :slight_smile:

Hello every one,

I think the library for windows is not complete. When i tried to import my same code of cocco2dx from my xcode ios project to my windows project and tried to compile I get a lots of errors. Like the compiler could not find the basic constructors for even the sprites.

For example CCSprite *sprt1 = CCSprite::Create(“mySprite.png”); does not work in windows.

To declare a sprite I have to use the constructor // SpriteWithFile(" "); Now how cocos2dx could be a cross platform if I have to change my code according to the platform.

I am confused how to cope with this…… PLZ help…

Nikhil khoda wrote:

Hello every one,
>
I think the library for windows is not complete. When i tried to import my same code of cocco2dx from my xcode ios project to my windows project and tried to compile I get a lots of errors. Like the compiler could not find the basic constructors for even the sprites.
>
For example CCSprite *sprt1 = CCSprite::Create(“mySprite.png”); does not work in windows.
>
To declare a sprite I have to use the constructor // SpriteWithFile(" "); Now how cocos2dx could be a cross platform if I have to change my code according to the platform.
>
I am confused how to cope with this…… PLZ help…

I think Create() is the version 2 way of making Cocos2d objects. The metro version of Cocos2d-x that you are using doesn’t have the new api nor is it meant to because it is version 1.