About porting lua to Windows Phone 8

Hi,All
We are working on IOS and Android with cocos2dx, we have lots of lua script in our codes, and it working well in the IOS and Android. now we plan porting the app to Windows Phone 8 or Windows RT,
as far as i know , cocos2dx does not supports lua script on WinPhone now. may be we need to port the lua engine by ourselves, but before we start our job, we want ask one question:
Whether there is a lot of difficulties ,lead to the cocos2dx guys can’t do it? or only because the porting work is a huge task?any reminds and advice will be helpful from anybody, thank all。

Because Lua is cross-platform,so i think import the lua engine to windows phone may encounter some problems,but not many.

samuele3 hu wrote:

Because Lua is cross-platform,so i think import the lua engine to windows phone may encounter some problems,but not many.
Yes,Lua engine is easily to porting,but lua binding may be big one, we are working now.

Napoleon Liu wrote:

samuele3 hu wrote:
> Because Lua is cross-platform,so i think import the lua engine to windows phone may encounter some problems,but not many.
Yes,Lua engine is easily to porting,but lua binding may be big one, we are working now.

What a great job to make lua works on WP8! I can’t agree with you any more.
Thanks all.

Hi,

Have you got any results with porting the bindings to wp8?

well, if cocos2dx supports lua script on WinPhone than that is great

Hi, we’ve managed to have lua working on WP8, you just need to add all the files in the project itself and fix some compiling issues. For now loading dynamic libraries do not work, but than again, we don’t need that.

hi all, we have the plan to deal with the problem now…

What a good news is cocos2d-x-2.2.2 lua project can works well on WP8.

The next 2.x version will have the related lua test on WP8

a pr of porting lua to wp8 and winrt: https://github.com/cocos2d/cocos2d-x/pull/5266

f cocos2dx2.2.6 c++ and lua Development of the game, porting lua to windows phone 8 ,hello world is ok, but i have some questions

This folder under 3 project ,liblua.vcxproj and libcocoslua.vcxproj What difference? if i port the lua to winphone 8 ,how i do
F:\cocos2d-x-2.2.6\scripting\lua\proj.wp8\liblua.vcxproj
F:\cocos2d-x-2.2.6\scripting\lua\proj.wp8\libcocoslua.vcxproj
F:\cocos2d-x-2.2.6\scripting\lua\proj.wp8\nativeLua.vcxproj

if port lua to winphone 8 ,What do I need to pay attention?

thanks