About new renderer

Hi
I am developing mobile game using cocos2d-x.
The game that I making has performance issue. It is too slow. I currently render Spine skeletons in main thread. I hope to render that Spine skeletons in separated thread.
As I know, New renderer (introduced in v3) should render separated from main thread. But my version of cocos2d-x(2014.05) seem to render in main thread. I tested in debug mode using Xcode. I set breakpoint at renderer’s drawBatchedQuads function, and Xcode shows me that current thread is main thread.
Help me please

You said your version is (2014.05)

There were about 5 releases during May, 2014. https://github.com/cocos2d/cocos2d-x/blob/v3/CHANGELOG

I’d pull down the latest copy from GitHub, then run download-reps.py, and re-test what you are doing.

If you want to do work in multiple threads, you can use std::thread

The new renderer in cocos2d-x v3 doesn’t support thread now.

Got it, thanks.

OK. Then I should study another way.

The new renderer doesn’t support threading but I’m not sure if the OP could use std::thread for other things he might be needing to do so rendering his spine’s is more efficient on loading times.

I tested to render in separated thread using std::thread. But glMapBuffer in renderer returns null.

I said that the renderer doesn’t support being threaded 1 post above…

Well, I misunderstood text. Anyway I batched skeletons and reduce draw calls, the issue solved.