A question about Sliding menu

Hi Guys,

Is it possible to create a sliding menu from Menu with ease effect? I’m using Cocos2Dx V-3.2 CPP

Thanks

What kind of sliding menu do you want?

Does the ListView meet your requirement? If you haven’t heard of ListView, you might want to take a look at the tests on Node: UITest.

Thanks Owen! I was trying to create level menu. It would be nice, if it supports nice easing.
I haven’t heard about ListView, is that available in Cocos2Dx CPP V 3.2? I’ll test it.

Yes, it is included in CPP V3.2. It is under Node: UITest part.

Thanks Owen! One more question, what’s the recommended way to create UI for cocos2Dx? I have checked Cocos Studio and it looks simple & great! Are there any disadvantages for Cocos Studio like Performance loss?

Cocos Studio only helps you to place your UI elements in an WYSIWYG way.
After finishing the UI layout, you could export them to JSON files and you could load them into your game.
When loading JSON files, it will lose some performance, but I think the effect is trivial and it does little harm to your game.

Yes, you are right! I just tested with CocoStudio, It’s easy to manage and shows good performance!

I’ve created whole game scene in CocoStudio and loaded the scene perfectly. But when I tried to change the action of my Hero Animation, it’s showing EXC_BAD_ACCESS(code 1…).
Here is the code:
Armature armature =(Armature*)(pNode->getChildByTag(10283)->getComponent(“CCArmature”)->getOwner());
armature->getAnimation()->play(“jump_front”);

Any clues?
Thanks

Why does the Armature has two prefix “*”?
The general reasons of EXC_BAD_ACCESS is due to accessing already freed memories.
So please double check whether the Amature is exists or not.

Yeah, that was only a typo-error, I used Armature* but it keeps showing the same error, will check it again! Thanks